Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How's my form (new video page 4)

Old 09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How's my form (new video page 4)

I just started gettinggood groups at 20yds , thing is i'm getting my bow restrung on saturday and need to know if my draw needs adjusting . Let me know fella's if my draw form is ok and if my draw is too long , if so by how much ? ( currently 28 1/2 " with nock ) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrGPxC-584s

Thanks

Dave
Old 09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How's my form !!!

Draw looks to be about 1/2" too long plus what do you have against the bow your choking it with your bow hand
Old 09-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the feedback Ausie , i don't actually squeeze the grip ( although it may look that way ) . My fingers are slack on the grip , but will refine it a bit more .

Dave
Old 09-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ausie,look at his hand again,his fingers are relaxed.

You might have too much palm into the grip but you form looks pretty good,but I agree that the draw is too long,atleast a 1/2" maybe more.

I did notice something you need to fix.The wrist strap is too tight.That will cause torque.The sling should just hang there and should only be used to keep you from dropping the bow.

I also don't like the bend in the wrist of the release hand.

I feel your wrist should look more like this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bViuXcW-rAk
Old 09-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like your draw is too long!
Old 09-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks fairly good , I agree with aussie , your grip needs work , your bow shoulder is slightly high , dial in your draw length , it looks slightly long . I do like that your release forearm seems to be inline with your arrow , your bow arm is very straight some shoot well that way , try the jacket you will hunt with out , if you get string slap use a gaurd
Old 09-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well you have my PM I sent before reading this so you know it's pretty damn accurate....look at the same responses above.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Ausie,look at his hand again,his fingers are relaxed.

You might have too much palm into the grip but you form looks pretty good,but I agree that the draw is too long,atleast a 1/2" maybe more.

I did notice something you need to fix.The wrist strap is too tight.That will cause torque.The sling should just hang there and should only be used to keep you from dropping the bow.

-
Exactly my response to his PM prior to reading this thread. Good call Fox.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks

I see another problem.When you draw,you are not drawing to your anchor.You are leaning your head into the string,that is a no-no.

You shouldn't have to lean into the string,you should pull the string to your face and keep your head up.

In my video you can see me leaving my head still.You can also see me readjusting a full draw and that is also a no-no but I feel that because my shoulder blades are double jointed,I need to do this to assure me that I have proper bone to bone contact.Atleast I think that is why I do it.[&:]
Old 09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Thanks

I see another problem.When you draw,you are not drawing to your anchor.You are leaning your head into the string,that is a no-no.
Again, I told him that in the PM, he'll comfirm it and I thought maybe cause his draw was 1/2" long or, in the PM I wondered if it were because of his glasses...I don't wear them. ?

Quick Reply: How's my form (new video page 4)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.