Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How's my form (new video page 4)

Old 09-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How's my form !!!

yessir, I had the same thing, sling was too tight and I kept getting arrows going left from target now and then......

nice shooting, Bails.....

F.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tfox

I watch your video before you posted it, I say the skinney guy and I knew who it was!!!

TFox pointers he as given me have all been spot on!!! When it comes to shooting trust in the Fox I do.

Rob is ok also
Old 09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO @ Germ , your have a way with words Gary . Your right tho , The Fox has form and i don't doubt the Robster either .

Cheers Frank , 1 minor adjustment = big improvement

Dave
ORIGINAL: Germ

Tfox

I watch your video before you posted it, I say the skinney guy and I knew who it was!!!

TFox pointers he as given me have all been spot on!!! When it comes to shooting trust in the Fox I do.

Rob is ok also
Old 09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just wait untill you get that draw length adjusted.

Also,try rotating the bow hand at more of an angle to get the palm off the grip.

I like to say to rotate the forearm out but not the elbow.

If I could ever get rid of my double set and get a bit cleaner release,I might try to get back into the competition game.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Tfox

Rob is ok also
Who you calling skinny?

Old 09-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Rob , TFOX , what a result . i just got back from Pro shop with Gold Tip XT Hunters with quickspin speed hunters , new custom strings and cables ( draw reduced 1/2" )andnew wristsling ...oh and forearm guard . Paper tuned it , fine tuned it and first three shots went like this OMG i'm happy .
Old 09-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Atta boy Dave. If you get a chance, post us another video and let us see the changes. You'll see your shooting improve. It's better to shoot a bow that might be slightly short than it is slightly long, perfect is always best.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:50 PM

MY FRIEND USED TO OWN A BOW SHOP WHERE I USED TO DO SERVICE WORK,YOUR FORM IS GOOD BUT YOUR DRAW LENGTH SHOULD BE 27 1/2 ITS A FULL INCH TO LONG,PLUS WHEN YOUR BOW IS RESTRUNG YOU WILL HAVE TO RESITE YOUR PINS
Old 09-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Will post another video tomorrow hopefully , shortened draw by 1/2" and feels more comfortable than before ( infact , feels great ) . I have had to reset 20yd pin and will do the rest tomorrow ( ran out of daylight today and also had to wrestle my kids , they go home tomorrow and i try to make most of my time with them ) .
The guys at the Merlin Archery centre were great , they gave everything the once over and even put new shims on the limbs for free( cuz they were worn ) . He's done a great job on the string and cables and the G/T XT hunters and quickspinswork amazing .
QAD ultra rest , quiver and new sight will see me done , thank goodness christmas is coming .

Dave

Old 09-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice looking setup you got there our UK brother.

If you've set your 20 and you moved your whole sight plane ( all pins moved together and pin gap wasn't changed) I doubt you'll need to set anymore. They'll go with the the 20 and your speed wouldn't have changed enough to warrant a new pin gap.

Looking forward to the improved video. Congratulations.

Quick Reply: How's my form (new video page 4)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.