Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keith Warren

Old 09-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Keith Warren

Right on.I think most hunting on tv anymore is gettin ridiculous.I mean a years paycheck for a deer?I am still an old traditions hunter out there to put meat in the freezer.Hunting is for THE CHALLENGE and love for the outdoors!Anymore it is made out to be "An Industry" which I think is total BS , just because theyve got the money to do it.Those guys dont even get excited to see big game anymore.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

These shows are a joke. These guys actually, must think they are "good" hunters. I am going to try to email that show and tell them they are a joke. Who were the sponsors of the show? I will email them and let them know they need to sponsor a show that deals with real hunting.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seperates the hunters from those with cash to burn.
I called a guide once about a Texas hunt. He told me $3,500.00... I laughed and hung up.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

I just emailed the show and told him he was a joke for putting this on tv and that I was going to email his sponsors and let them know about the show they are sponsoring. This "killing" type show is not good for our cause. Others should email. They won't put my email on the air!
Old 09-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

I think most hunting shows are a crock because the outfitter hangs the stands or tells them where to hang them. Then the last day they will be put in the honey hole stand to kill that last minute buck. If you book a hunt with the outfitter do you think you will be hunting the same stands i don't think so.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey all it takes to fill a trophy room anymore is money... Check out ol Roger Raglins trophy room... That out of shape washed up hunter couldn't kill a deer unless somebody tied it to a tree for him... I'll bet him and Jimmy houston hunt the same game farms

Old 09-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Haha, did you guys see the one where he hunted in PA? He hunted in my home town at Griffiths deer farm. What a joke. What really got me about that episode was that he kept mentioning antler restrictions and how they're really paying off in PA. I belive his one quote was "you cant tell me there arent huge bucks in PA". He's right up thereon my long list of shows not to watch anymore.

Zach
Old 09-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will say this, not all outfitters are the same. I spent 9 days at one and the hunters had to work. The guides may have known the general area that the deer were but the hunter had to make it work. Where I was there were 1000's of acres of farm lands and most of it was planted in conola. A deer could hide in it easily, most of it was waist high.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

I hate to admitt it but the future of hunting is revolving more and more around money and the big money being made from all aspects of hunting.It makes me sick to see how all these hunting shows are brain washing everyone into their way of hunting,it is just not realistic for the average hunter to hunt the way it is portraded on t.v. so much emphases s being placed on antler size and none on the hunt or animal itself. Now I have to defend myself from hunters and non-hunters alike if I kill a deer that is not a mature trophy,what a crock of sh$t.We all need to hunt and kill what makes us happy as long as it is within the laws of the area we each hunt and start feeling good about ourseves even if we kill a doe or small buck and not have to explain it to anyone who has a different opion.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I can't stand watching that Fruit Cake. He sucks. What a wuss.
Amen Chris I've been saying this for years and I remember several years ago I got chastized for it.

I'm glad everyone else's eyes are opening.

dmil, I knew it was a perserve/fenced without out looking it up. No group shoots that many huge bucks on a single trip....lol [8D] That and it was Keith Warren. [:'(]

Quick Reply: Keith Warren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.