Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I found the ODOR (Nasty Pics-Warning)

Old 09-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I found the ODOR (Nasty Pics-Warning)

I went for a bike ride in our subdivision this afternoon. When I got to the bottom of the hill by my house, I smelled a rotten odor. Like something dead. So I got off of my bike and went into the woods by the little creek that runs thru there. Once I got by the creek the odor was really intense. Then I saw the deer carcus in the creek. I think it has probly been there a week or so. Still some meet on it and the guts were still there, but decomposing rather nicely. A nice little 2.5 year old 10 point. In another year or so he would have been a nice buck.

I don't suspect foul play. The deer cross the road there all the time. And I remember seeing a splatter mark on the road last week. He may have even been eating acorns off of the road there and got hit. He was only about 20 yards off of the road but no way to see him, too much brush.

Mobow, he could have been yours.[&o]

Old 09-08-2007, 07:03 PM

Default RE: I found the ODOR (Nasty Pics-Warning)

Man, that is a shame.......I know it's a part of life, but I sure hate that....And man alive does that ever STINK!

You know what it was? He said to himself, "Self, that mobow character is gonna be here sometime this year, and I'll be darned if I'M gonna be know as the buck that mobow finally killed!! I couldn't live with that reputation, so I think I'll jump in front of a car, run down into this creek and die...."

Old 09-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

John im hoping he was just a road kill. As soon as i seen the pics in the water, blue tounge came to mind. If you remember me saying its going on around here pretty heave right now. I found two the other day, a neighbor has found four, another neighbor found one, a friend has found around six and another guy i know has found 27, all found in water.[]I was at my neighbors today looking at a 140" buck he just dragged out of the water, after seeing him severals days before in the ditch near death. Mobow, he could have been yours dude!!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sure hate to see a nice Buck end up like that! [&:]

Can you salvage the racks off that Buck.....Whew I can smell him from here....better wait a few more days! [&:]

Do you have to report the death of the Buck if you want to keep the racks?I heard some where that you should report it if you keep the racks of a deer that has been hit by a vehicle and if it is "Shed Antlers"you don't have to report them.

One my way to work this morning I was about 2 miles from town and saw a dead Doe right beside the shoulder of the road where they had just cut the corn off it next to Saline Creek.Someone had hit it late last night or early in the morning and left it lay.....they should have called it in and someone could have salvaged it.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Darn shame but a lesson to learn about a sickly deer will seeking water.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya i found atleast one dead last year near some water
Old 09-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I went for a bike ride in our subdivision this afternoon. When I got to the bottom of the hill by my house, I smelled a rotten odor. Like something dead. So I got off of my bike and went into the woods by the little creek that runs thru there. Once I got by the creek the odor was really intense. Then I saw the deer carcus in the creek. I think it has probly been there a week or so. Still some meet on it and the guts were still there, but decomposing rather nicely. A nice little 2.5 year old 10 point. In another year or so he would have been a nice buck.

I don't suspect foul play. The deer cross the road there all the time. And I remember seeing a splatter mark on the road last week. He may have even been eating acorns off of the road there and got hit. He was only about 20 yards off of the road but no way to see him, too much brush.
Exactly how did you age a week old decomposing carcass??
Old 09-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a shame................that really must STINK!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Exactly how did you age a week old decomposing carcass??

That's about when I remember seeing the splatter on the road. And I watch a lot of CSI.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

That thing probably reeked to high heaven!

Quick Reply: I found the ODOR (Nasty Pics-Warning)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.