Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First deer (by bow)

Old 09-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My First deer (by bow)

A while back Justin started a thread about his first deer with a bow. I knew I had pics of mine somewhere, but couldn't find them. Well I cleaned out my hunting closet and found them earlier this week. So here is my first deer, 147 pound doe taken on Oct 21, 1995. The hole in her neck is from a follow up shot. She was hit a little far back and I found her bedded in a brush pile. The only shot I had was from the rear, so I hit her high in the back and it exited the hole in her neck. The bow was a Clearwater, I remember it weighed a ton,don't know what happened to the company.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My First deer

RIGHT ON JM!!!!!!!!

Awesome deer!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

nice! i love the old pics of you guys...good lookin doe too!

i cant wait till im 50 and lookin back at me in my teens and 20s. ive always tried to take good pics and keep them all. im afraid with technology(digital cameras etc) that im going to loose alot of memories. i got a pile of pics on my old PC...i need to get them off...and need to get the ones on this one backed up....too important to loose..old school was easy...get them developed and put them in the album...man i must have a good 600+ pics just from the last couple years!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Brings back a good memory aye?????? Nice looking Doe!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:01 PM

nice! i love the old pics of you guys...
Easy trigger......You'll be the one showing "old pics" one of these days....

Cleaning out the closet eh jm?? Hm, why would you be doing that??? Could it be BOW SEASON OPENS IN A WEEK???!!!!!!!

That's pretty cool man......I've never heard of Clearwater before.....
Old 09-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it is most fun looking back at the old equipment. They hadn't quit heard of parallel limbs back in those days.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:16 PM

Yes it is.....I enjoy shooting my old ProLine Riptide once in a while as well......When I can pry it out of my dad's hands that is.......
Old 09-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mauser06

nice! i love the old pics of you guys...good lookin doe too!

i cant wait till im 50 and lookin back at me in my teens and 20s. ive always tried to take good pics and keep them all. im afraid with technology(digital cameras etc) that im going to loose alot of memories. i got a pile of pics on my old PC...i need to get them off...and need to get the ones on this one backed up....too important to loose..old school was easy...get them developed and put them in the album...man i must have a good 600+ pics just from the last couple years!
Ill bet you will wish you had put it off a while longer when you actually hit 50!!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool Pic Jmbuck, David Powers owned Clearwater, David was quite the 3D shooter, Joey Vaughn who now owns Stone Mountian Bowstrings and was also quite the 3D shooter and Las Vegas Champion, Probably made the limbs for that bow. Pretty cool!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love the old story's

Quick Reply: My First deer (by bow)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.