Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bear Pics

Old 09-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bear Pics

As some of you know I went on my first guided hunt in Alberta bear hunt last week. It was the best experience that I have ever done. I ran bear baits during the day and hunted evenings. The outfitter had 25 - 30 established baits and one ofthe guides, a long time friend, ran the baits. It was a lot of work and a lot more fun. Rained like mad the first few days. At one point I got the quad stuck on a log during a rain storm that turned to hail and in the process of trying to get it unstuck actually ran it into a nest of ground bees. Where else but Canada can you get a 4 wheeler stuck, running bear baits, in a hail storm and get stuck on ground bees? Moose, elk, bear, mulies, whitetail, wolf and all kinds of other stuff. Snuck in a goose hunt the morning I had to leave. Anyhow here are pics... (Sorry about the table but the other pics didn't turn out)

BTW 18 yd shot from a stand. Bear ran up a tree, 3 ft away, died and fell within 3 ft of the arrow, exactly where I shot him. Shortest track job I have ever had with a bow. If I knew how to tranfer video to the computer I would post it, but.....
Old 09-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bear Pics

Congrats!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome man! Great Bear
Old 09-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice, I would love to do that
Old 09-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you ever get the chance, do it. But go for the experience. I could have stayed in the lodge til it was time to go hunting but I ran bear baits with the guide. I hung out with the guides and learned a ton. After hunting I would hang out with them til 12:30 or so, then up at 6 to start running the baits. There were guys that left within 2 days of tagging out and it actually cost them as much to rent a car and leave then it would have to stay and hunt bear ( they were hunting mulies). I rode around with some of the guys just looking for and at deer. It was so worth the money, I paid for a once in a lifetime adventure. Some of the video is really cool.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Bartender

Congrats, great bear
Old 09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Greg:

Congratulations on a great hunting experience. I can't wait to hook up with you and check out the video and photos.

Good luck if you're going out in the AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice Bear, Nc! Sounds like it was a blast ......
Old 09-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Bear, and good to hear you had a great time.

Quick Reply: Bear Pics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.