Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail Cam Stolen

Old 09-07-2007, 02:17 PM

Default RE: Trail Cam Stolen

Uh-Oh, the GUNS are loaded guys, Hunsuckers out for revenge, everybody should quake and tremble in fear

On a serious note though, that really sucks! I have been fortunate to only have one game camera stolen and it was a 2 year old 35mm Stealth that I got on sale at Wally World for around $50.00 Its pretty sad that you have to lock up a camera that sits in the woods.

I hope you bust this guy like your gonna bust ribcage!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:31 PM

It's a long shot, but you might walk around on your neighbor's property looking for your trail cam......he might have just moved it to a new location. Bare minimum would be to go to your neighbor and find out if he know anything about the guy. If he is a good neighbor you guys can team up and keep him run off your farms.

Flat tires also discourage these guys?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

If he parked at your neighbors ask them who it is and explain what is going on! See if they can help ya and if they go sour on you tell them you got pictures of him on your other camera trespassing and you will prosecute unless the camera is returned and he stays away.
He doesnt have permission there either! He has balls man! He just parks on the side of the road!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Its pretty sad that you have to lock up a camera that sits in the woods.
Mine was locked up! Thats the sad part....he had to have bolt cutters or soemthing. I bet it gota picture of him traspassing so he came back and stole it...
Old 09-07-2007, 02:54 PM

Was this one of your Moultrie units? If it was, my buddy and I used an idea from my Cuddeback to make our Moultries harder to steal. We drilled a hole through the back of the unit and glue a large washer around it, then we simple screw the unit into the tree. We still wrap a chain around the unit and lock it up but the way we see it is, if these idiots cut the chain/locks and try pulling the camera off the tree and it won't budge, they will probablly either give up or smash the unit, and if they smash it then we will have their pictures.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]I've said it before and I'll say it again. " Some folks should have a hunting season. I'd be tagged out the first day of child molester season" Make nice with the local game warden. I'm sure he can find a way to help. Keep it above board for now. It will pay off later. Like when you give his cellmate a carton of smokes and tell him the guytried to molest your kid. hehehehehehehehehehe
Old 09-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]More likely is that the guy will have his work van taken for using it while poaching.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

Wait until he heads into the woods, steal his distributor cap and slash his tires.

I know I'm ruthless.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Bartender

May I guard it free of charge?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sheriff is on the way to my house

Quick Reply: Trail Cam Stolen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.