Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny.....not what I expected.....

Old 09-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Funny.....not what I expected.....

Yeah..I hear ya. Thats why I went squirrel hunting last weekend. Just to be in the woods. That's why I'll do it again this weekend.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 AM

I understand completely what you mean. Now I have somewhere to go every evening for a while other than home.........[&o]

There's no place on this earth I feel more like me than 20 feet up a tree.....
Old 09-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff,

First of all good luck tomorrow. I hear you, just being out there is a great feeling. Of course we all are there to try to kill something yet its not everything, there is so much to enjoy while we are partaking in the process. I cant wait to get back at in in the morning. Friday here is family/church day for the Pottengers..after work, so no hunting for me this evening.

I will be thinking of you in the morning though.. Who knows maybe a couple Chaos boys will put bucks on the ground this weekend.. and if not... theres an entire season of hunts to still look forward too..
Old 09-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm here in NC too and I look forward to the best night of no sleep!! I went with a buddy of mine to hang his stands for him yesterday evening since he can't do it himself right now(he tried to cut off his foot with a skill saw). We saw 2 different groups of deer and we were like little kids. I just love seeing animals and be able to enjoy the environment with them!!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:47 AM

i live in an area where theres not much hunting, needless to say weve got a slight over population problem, but thats all good for me, just means we get to see deer grazing the fields when i bring my 6.5yr old boy home from football practice each evening... he gets SO excited about it... points em out to me and stuff, even though we are in the truck he is so intrigue by it that it excites me... i cant wait to get him out there enjoying what ive been enjoying for years... he will finally understand what ive been tellin him for so long...
Old 09-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

i cant wait to get him out there enjoying what ive been enjoying for years... he will finally understand what ive been tellin him for so long...
I know he will, seven. What a great experience you have to look forward to.

Kudos, "dad".
Old 09-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Bartender

I am so with you on this one, I need to get out there and take a deep breath and exhale and enjoy it.
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

With my season looming right around the corner (tomorrow morning).....I'm finding myself looking forward to the time in the woods MUCH more than the "hunting".

Hard to explain.....or do I have to??
Old 09-07-2007, 09:59 AM
OGW

Jeff, There are memories "Out There"..that no person can describe and as a fellow hunter I know you understand. "Appreciation" is a word that has to be lived toeven comeclose to any feeble description of what we feel...go do it and enjoy every moment!
Our time in Nature allows us to become less than we think we are, more than we ever hoped to be, and be an active part of the History of this world.
Your time will be well spent

Old 09-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am at that point where I am 50% about the kill and 50% about just being away
Old 09-07-2007, 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
I know he will, seven. What a great experience you have to look forward to.

Kudos, "dad".
as with so many other things that I enjoy, it seems I enjoy watching him do it more than I do doing it myself... I'm getting to the point where its fun being a dad, the sleepless nights are going away and the kids (i have 3) are starting to have fun and learn stuff... very gratifying especially when they look to you for advice about outdoor stuff... my oldest boy (6.5 y.o.) thinks the sun rises and sets on dad's command, i'm his biggest hero and i'm trying to keep that closeness as he's in school now and such... I just hope I teach him well

Quick Reply: Funny.....not what I expected.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.