Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

$450.00 VS $1000.00= bow ????????

Old 09-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default $450.00 VS $1000.00= bow ????????

I currently shoot a Ben Pearson Spoiler SP1. I am doing O.K. with it I think. I can groud 6 arrows in the dot on a portable Block @ 20 yds. [Not to mention drill a 2.5 gal. bucket @ 80 yds. ] I seem to be doing well enough from what I can see. My question is;do I really need to spend $1000.00 on a bow? Would it improve my shooting that much? When I bought my bow; I didn't want to spend much on it because I didn'tknow if I would like it much. Plus, I had one little girl and we were talking about another at the time. Now I have a boy and a girl.I can afford to spend the money on a bow and not hurt my finances. I just don't know if it would be worth it.When I go to 3d shoots with some of the guys, I always do pretty well. The only 2 guys that out shoot meconsistently shoot a Mathews and a Hoyt. They might just be better than me or it might be the bows. What do you guys think.

[/align]
Old 09-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: $450.00 VS $1000.00= bow ????????

Nobody needs to spend top dollar on a bow. It's all a matter of personal preference. When it comes down to getting the job done just about any bow on the market will do that.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is no reason to buy a new bow. It will not help you shoot any better than you are. You shoot pretty darn good, Spend your money on other things.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMHO, you don't need a $1,000 bow to be good. I think there are many mid level companies that make great bows that are capable of hanging with more expensive ones.

I shoot a Reflex and I drill arrows at all distances. I almost always have tight groups, so what could a more expensive bow offer? My guess would be asthetics, name recognition, maybe be a little quieter. Plus, if you truly want to get better practice more!!! Bottom line, you don't need a $1,000 bow, but they do offer some benefits and it is always nice to have another toy.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:55 PM

it's all about the indian, not the bow
Old 09-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Dominant Buck

But you see Grasshopper, you can spend a grand on a bow that's wrong for you and spend a grand for a bow that will make you better. You can also spend $600-700 and get the same results. The bow and the arrows are a fit. If it's wrong for your form and style you're wasting money at any level. All $1000 bows are not created equal unfortunately. Somewhere out there is a bow that most definitely will make you better.... IF.. your form is worth a flip and all that. You ask a question with a lot of branches to consider. There is no simple YES or NO. I firmly believe if you choose wisely the answer is a definite YES. If you get caught up in hype/ advertising and recommendations of people who are prejudice for their brand you got a 50/50 chance.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went from shooting a lower level bow (Browning Rage) to the Mathews Switchback.The improvement in my accuracy was very noticeable. The bow is much smoother and quieter than my old Rage. I went around shot some Hoyt's and Bowtech's and they all shot great, but the SB is what felt right to me.

It's all about what you feel comfortable with. For me I shot better with the higher end bow, but that may not be true for you. My dad shoots an old recurve and he does just fine with that. Go to a shop, try a few out and make a decision from there.

And if you do go and try to shoot some go around and shoot as many as you can. You don't want to drop all that money on a bow that isn't everything that you wanted.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

I went from shooting a lower level bow (Browning Rage) to the Mathews Switchback.The improvement in my accuracy was very noticeable. The bow is much smoother and quieter than my old Rage. I went around shot some Hoyt's and Bowtech's and they all shot great, but the SB is what felt right to me.

It's all about what you feel comfortable with. For me I shot better with the higher end bow, but that may not be true for you. My dad shoots an old recurve and he does just fine with that. Go to a shop, try a few out and make a decision from there.

And if you do go and try to shoot some go around and shoot as many as you can. You don't want to drop all that money on a bow that isn't everything that you wanted.
That is tough for me to do. I am built like a chubby gator. 26.5 to 27inch draw. I am hard to fit.[/blockquote]
Old 09-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would stay with your bow. unless you are unsatisfied.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

All great advise... I still shoot an o4 model, and love the way it shoots for competition.

Dance with the one that brung ya.

Quick Reply: $450.00 VS $1000.00= bow ????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.