Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are my options?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:50 AM

Default What are my options?

I just gained access to 440 acres of land I'll be bowhunting this fall, right along the Missouri River......man this place looks HOT.....anyway, the best news is it's literally 5 minutes down the road from where I work. So I'm planning to hit this spot after work quite a bit.

Here's the delima......I have no shower available up here, and I'm obviously gonna need to get the stink off of me somehow....I can use my DDW E3 spray, and I'll have my scent lok and such, but a shower is really part of the system, but not an option at this stage....For me to go home, shower and come back, well, it would be after dark so that's not an option either.....I was thinking of some field wipes or something......

Who's got some ideas?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What are my options?

Wash up and use the scent neutrilizer of your choice. Keep huntingclothes and bootsin a Rubber made container with some baking soda..No worries. That's how I go after work. I could not make it home and shower etc either.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do all my scent eliminating rituals prior to heading to work including nonscented deoderant etc....(the wife complains I don't use my cologne etc...during hunting season) When I leave work and get to my hunting spot I descent again using Scent Killer etc...Base Slayers, Scent Lock under layer and hit the stand. I've been very successful using this tactic.

And Don, those scent eliminating towels that they sell are a wonderful and quick makeshift bath as well....use them and carry your scent eliminating sprays etc...You can do rather well at descenting quickly prior to heading to the stand. Once in the stand I also spray some more.

Of course the cloths are all prepared and in correct storage too.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

...........right along the Missouri River......
Get there early enough to wash off with the river water. You don't need to get in but take some towels (descented) and dunk one in the river and wipe down with it. 1. it will wipe your smell off 2. you will smell like river water 3. then spray yourself with the DDW.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

1. Take your Jedi Master Hunting
2. See 1

I shower in the morning and then do a spray shower with ScentKiller or DDW3 on site. I bought some of those towels for the hard to reach places[:-]
Old 09-06-2007, 09:03 AM

You can try the DDW body foam. It's made for what your doing. Sounds like some good ground too.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely use the body foam from either DDW or the scent shield stuff. I had to do that a couple of times last year and it worked out really well. Or just hunt downwind of the deer.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: dwd2001

Or just hunt downwind of the deer.
The only realistic reply of the bunch. I shot both of my last two deer after coming home from work and no shower, and I live in 10 acres of woods that smell like me every day.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

If you sweat alot at your job, get a portable shower and take a shower when you get there. 5 minutes and your done.
http://www.campingcomfortably.com/camping-showers.html
Old 09-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with the new hunting grounds!

Quick Reply: What are my options?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.