Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is the Summit hot dot worth the $$

Old 09-07-2007, 10:52 PM

Default RE: Is the Summit hot dot worth the $$

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I think the technology is great. I think that its a good thing for companies to experiment and try new stuff. That said, when I picked one up and looked at it, the 6 dots all came together as one solid red fuzzy line when I was focusing on a distant target (this of course is out of package in the store, not being used on a bow, but take it for what it is). That was enough to make me put it back.

Moreover, I do not like reliying solely on electronics/batteries for a sight. If the batt quits for any reason, or any wiring etc comes loose, I have no way to sight my bow. I'd rather have some sort of traditional pin sight with a lighted back up. If the light fails, I can still use my pins normally. Sort of like illuminate crosshair rifle scopes vs. red dots. Give me an illuminated retical anyday.
Don't they use batteries to start fighter jets?and for all there weapons systems and gps?don't hate the game hate the player!just my opinion!!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Drizzu213

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I think the technology is great. I think that its a good thing for companies to experiment and try new stuff. That said, when I picked one up and looked at it, the 6 dots all came together as one solid red fuzzy line when I was focusing on a distant target (this of course is out of package in the store, not being used on a bow, but take it for what it is). That was enough to make me put it back.

Moreover, I do not like reliying solely on electronics/batteries for a sight. If the batt quits for any reason, or any wiring etc comes loose, I have no way to sight my bow. I'd rather have some sort of traditional pin sight with a lighted back up. If the light fails, I can still use my pins normally. Sort of like illuminate crosshair rifle scopes vs. red dots. Give me an illuminated retical anyday.
Don't they use batteries to start fighter jets?and for all there weapons systems and gps?don't hate the game hate the player!just my opinion!!
I don't think they use WATCH batteries to start a jet and run all of it's componets. I don't hate the game brotha...I hate the concept of this cheap looking sight that retails for 160.00
Old 09-08-2007, 07:30 AM

I read Greg's post a while back and decided that I would go get one and try it out. My findings and opinions of this sight is as follows......
1. Nice looking sight but there is a glare on the plastic light reflector
2.if your using the sight in a bright situation your probably going to lose
the sight pin in the light.
3. My findings with the battery life was that it is very short. I would say two weeks but I don't know how much this sight was used before I bought it. It is also a possibility that the sight was left on.
4. It is not impossible but it is kind of a pain to adjust the pins

That is all I have at this point, If I were using it Im sure there would be more. Hope this helps, my suggestion is that is you need a good hunting sight then go by a Viper.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

wELL , i THINK YOU FELLAS HAVE MADE up my mind.I will not try one of those sights.They are very expensive and I have a Copper John right now that does the job for me at $60.00.I think I will stick with that at least for another season.Again , thank you for all of your input