Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many deer mounts would you like to have?

Old 09-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many deer mounts would you like to have?

I hear ya man..everyone has opinions...my uncle wount shoot anything littles than his 147 8-ptunless hes with his grandchildern!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Don't get me wrong, fellas.....I'm not saying I'm done....lol.

I have my '07 turkey that I should get back any day now. I want to get another turkey done......maybe 2 more. If I can take 2 more with my bow......I want a flying mount and a full strut bird, yet.

Like I said.....the '09 Pronghorn (if I can take one) will be a pedestal mount.

Rob....I, too, wanta doe mount. I may wait until I take the first one witt my longbow to do this, though. It just seems appropriate.

But.....I don't see too many more whitetail buck mounts in my future. Maybe I'll surprise myself.......but it's the way I feel, right now.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Rob....I, too, wanta doe mount. I may wait until I take the first one witt my longbow to do this, though. It just seems appropriate.
That would be appropriate.

"My" pronghorn (if fortunate) will be a pedistal mount too.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda like what Rob said. I won't shoot a buck if I am not going to mount him. But I mount my own so it isn't that big of an expense. I don't plan to stop shooting them any time soon. I still have some room on my walls.

I can get 3 per year, 2 in MO and 1 in IL. I am going to try my best to fill all of those tags with bucks good enough to mount. But I get kinda picky once I have the first one on the ground.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

The animals I want mounted would take up a lot of space...Deer, Elk, Pronghorn, Turkey, Fish, Ducks/Geese, Coyote w/pheasant.

i just have to start killing some that are worthy
Old 09-03-2007, 08:12 PM

I have 26 mounts so far . That is what I am hunting for ,I can't bring myself to kill something that will not go in the game room. Call me lucky, call me good, just don't bother trying to call me in hunting season.

[/align]
Old 09-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

I've mounted 2 of my bucks in 20-something years. That's adequate for my whitetail mounts. I also have a javelina mount. Again, adequate. I would like one mount of various other big and small game animals as I have opportunityto hunt and mount them. I donot want a gaudy trophy wall littered with heads. (Nor does my wife...tacky.) I justlike a simple mount here and there to look nice andgive my house (and especially my bow room) a cabin flavor,which represents a variety of wildlife and hunting adventures.

I'm more than excited about the prospect of killing any whitetail this season, buck or doe, but I just have no desire or intention of mounting any more.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I hear ya, AK.......but I don't wanna kill another buck (barring extenuating circumstances like an injury) and NOT have it mounted. "I" don't see the point....and I can kill 2 a year, here.

Maybe I'll change my mind. Who knows?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id like to mount my first bowkill buck and then anything big after that.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

anything over 150 is a mount to me and as it stands right now I have ZERO but things are going to change in 07!

Quick Reply: How many deer mounts would you like to have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.