Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Hunting

Old 09-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow Hunting

It is all that, but I still like to gun hunt.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't shot a gun in a couple years. And the last time I went hunting with one was about 4 years ago when I went squirrel hunting. I bow hunt for turkey and deer. And someday I hope to extend that to elk, bear and hog. I even take my bow into the woods during rifle season.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: TxHunter73
Is bow hunting all that?
Yep, nothing like it.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: isatarak

It is all that, but I still like to gun hunt.
I second that, but there is a way bigger rush with a bow and i say that never having killed a buck with one yet.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I shot a couple of turkeys with a shotgun......and at the time thought I was having a great time hunting. I never took another big game animal until I took a small racked buck last year. I took 4 more deer with the bow, last Fall/Winter......and my first turkey with a bow, this past Spring.

WITHOUT A DOUBT.......hunting that spring bird on my home turf.....and taking him with a bow.....is the hardest thing I've done, hunting. It's also something I'm proud of.

I don't suppose I'll ever shoot a big game animal with a gun. I suppose I'll likely transition to hunting with a longbow in a few years.....maybe doing so, exclusively.

Get a bow. Shoot some targets. See for yourself.

Good luck.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:47 PM

Holy cow!! I did not expect this kind of response in such short time. I can honestly say I have never heard anyone get this excited about gun hunting, except maybe some hardcore duck hunting buddies of mine. Looks like it's time for me to pursue a new way of hunting.

Thanks Guys...
Old 09-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TxHunter73

Holy cow!! I did not expect this kind of response in such short time. I can honestly say I have never heard anyone get this excited about gun hunting, except maybe some hardcore duck hunting buddies of mine. Looks like it's time for me to pursue a new way of hunting.

Thanks Guys...
And to be honest, you haven't seen a busy forum yet....bowhunting is an addiction, catch the Germ and Hunsucker your next buck!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:59 PM

you dont know what your missing
Old 09-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

Bow hunting excites me because it is so much more than just waiting on deer to show up - it requires knowledge of your bow, of deer habitat and habits, of wind direction and scent control, of proper camo, and most of all it requires year-round practice! Once it gets in your blood it does not let go!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 04:04 AM

I am new this year to bow shooting and going out bow hunting for the for the first time this year. Not new too Hunting. But once I started shooting my bow all I can say is I can not wait gor the 15 of this month. even though i have not hunted with the bow yet I can say it is going to be all that. can not wait

Quick Reply: Bow Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.