Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery range @ home

Old 09-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Archery range @ home

[/align]For a backstop try acardboard box filled with newspaper stacked verticaly [front to back on its edge] My father tought my mom to shoot her .38 in our living room. He used a t.v. box full of newspaper stacked just like that. If it will stop a .38 , it will stop an arrow.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

who needs kevlar when you got newspapers....

I live in a app. building with a subterrain garage for everyone's car, so I have about 50 yards to shoot from.
I asked them when we had an owners meeting. I showed them my bow, everything's fine, I showed them the foam target, everything was still fine..
I shot from about 10 yards at the bull's eye and my arrow went half way through, everything wasn't fine from that point on....
Would have been my own private archery range for sure, perfectly lit, nice and warm......shame.....

F.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a 35yd long garden witha layered foam target and afoam block target at the end and 2 x straw bales as backstoppers . i'm constructing a boxed in stand for my targetsat the mo, its ideal for what i need .

Dave
Old 09-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mkiesslinggop

I live in a pretty tightly packed neighborhood, but cleaned the brush completely out from one side of my house and that gave me about a 6 foot wide run down the right hand side if I'm facing the house. Ishoot right down this alley.There is a stockade fence across the 20' by 20' backyard. Threw up a few bails of hey and a deadstop target and if I shoot from the front corner of the house where the little run starts, i can go all the way out to 26-28 yards, but 20 yards or so keeps me out of just about everyone's sight.
This sounds like you're describing my set up!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:13 PM

i live in the city limits of raleigh nc, as long as you have a back stop
and a target, you can shoot, i have a treestand @ 20 and 30 in my back yardit freaks out the neighbors, thats the hole fun of it
Lenny
Old 09-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 15 yard set up in my basement its great in the winter . i use a foam layer block target that works fine

[/align]
Old 09-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 60 yard range out here in the sticks.

I LOVE IT OUR HERE!!!!

When i own my own house i plan on having a 20 yard indoor range.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:23 PM

That's awesome that so many people shoot in the house. if i use metal or wood for a backstop won't it damage my arrows?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes.................but thats better than yer wall!!!

And at 11 yards I highly doubt you will missa block or bag target!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Take it from someone who knows, a steel backstop is better than an arrow stuck in the wall and trying to explain that. I used to from my living room through the very narrow hall to a bedroom at night when my wife went to work. Shot tons of arrows and then one day, bam! Stuck one right in the wall for what ever reason. Kind of embarrasing, but it happens.

Quick Reply: Archery range @ home

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.