Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My 80 yard shot [ on a bucket]

Old 09-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My 80 yard shot [ on a bucket]

good shot buckets aren't very good eating to chewy

[/align]
Old 09-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd been more impressed if it was your first shot however, good shootin there Robin....

Now, what was the score? Will it make book? What kind of recipes are there for buckets? You should talk with Big John, he has a great recipe for sticks, he might share it with you, might be good for buckets.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot at 80 yards quit a bit. I have a huge hill in my yard so I put a pop can on top of the hill and my 3D target halfway up the hill. Back up 80 yards and aim at the pop can with my 40 Yard pin. Then I move around the deer till I start hitting the vitals. I can put 3 arrows in the vitals at 80 yards with about a 4-5" group. Its awesome when you can shoot lower your bow( Yes I know thats naught but it takes like 3 seconds for the arrow to hit) and watch the arrow drop right in. Good shooting though I hear those buckets are hard to kill. But im sure he made one heck of a trophy. Is he going on the wall?

Die Hard

11 Days!
Old 09-04-2007, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

It was a 2.5 gallon bucket. So it should still be tender. I didn't need the dogs to track it. The bucket didn't move after the shot. [it must have been a spine shot] There are no limitations on buckets in ohio. It's open season. When it comes back from the taxi shop, it will go on the wall next to the pop can @ 20 yards, the 20 oz pop bottle @ 30 yards, and sapling@ 15yards[ from a 3d shoot last year]. I know I shouldn't shoot trees when they sre so young. We as hunters should give the trees a chance to reach maturity before we harvest them. It jumped in front of my shot at a turkey target. The target got away , but I'll get it next year.

[/align]