Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Here's why I supprot Sunday hunting!!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here's why I supprot Sunday hunting!!

I have gotten a heck of a lot more religion out of the woods than I have out of church in my life. You don't need a church to have a relationship with the Lord, trust me.

I do not suggest telling others what to do, or what they cannot do with their free time. As long as it does not infringe on others rights, have at it. I think gay marriages do more harm to our society than hunting on Sunday ever could.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

Speaking of PA having some silly laws. They have a seatbelt law, but no helmet law.

I support it, but also if they open it up then there would need to be some changes made on the amount of deer, either-sex days, and length of the season you could harvest a deer.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I have gotten a heck of a lot more religion out of the woods than I have out of church in my life. You don't need a church to have a relationship with the Lord, trust me.

I do not suggest telling others what to do, or what they cannot do with their free time. As long as it does not infringe on others rights, have at it. I think gay marriages do more harm to our society than hunting on Sunday ever could.
AMEN to that, if you can find a good God strong church thats great go but theres nothing like being out in the real thing...how many people do you know who goes on a fishin trip after church no biggy its a great way to get out... i in my on personal life do not shoot a firearm on Sunday...kinda a respect thing...and probably wouldnt hunt but i dont see anything wrong with it, its just my personal opinion. Maybe just archery on Sunday or something.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: nodog

I've been trying to figure this out for a long time and came to one conclusion in support of no Sunday hunting. Some states do not close public lands to all activities except hunting. Therefore you will have people wandering around the woods while hunters are hunting. Not a good situation. If states close them then I'd say great otherwise some kind of sharing needs to be done.

I think they should be closed as the state I hail from does. We've had people try and stop hunters only to find themselves on the wrong side of the law.
The State Park that I hunt has people wandering around, hiking,even riding horseswhile others are hunting, all the time.And what about Saturdays? There's a lot of both types in the woods on Saturdays. Itmakes no sense![:'(]
Agreed. It makes no sense. I still would have a hard time pulling the trigger knowing someone might be hurt or killed. No deer is worth that much to me. Some of the problem is that hunters are not trusted to feel this way. The total disreguard shown by a 60 year old man here who shot and killed his nephew before legal light, in fact it was not even close and must have been still dark,is a classic example. Kid was driving and the man shot at the sound.

Like I sid I've tried to come up with some rational reason's other than the blue state/religious reasons often quoted. I've never actually heard/read the states reason's (the conclusion is mine based on reading state regs of different states). Just can't believe it's a religious issue. That doesn't make any sense since, religion these days is trampled at will. Can't believe they would have any clout.

I've hunted states closed on sundays and don't like it either.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Krypt Keeper

Speaking of PA having some silly laws. They have a seatbelt law, but no helmet law.
How about how they pack kids on School Buses with NO SEATBELTS? Now that makes a whole lot of sense, doesn't it?[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 09-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Banned

Those east coast blue laws are rediculous. Manifest Destiny, move west young man.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just posted about this on our team 10 board yesterday.Most working stiffs cant hunt weekday mornings and in some cases the evening hunt, or in worst case they cant hunt either.Then you have the weekend obstacles like bad weather on the your only weekend day to hunt, the to do lists, family stuff, erands, yard work, house work, chores, etc. Allowing a second weekend day would be a huge bonus.Something is seriously wrong here.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:32 AM

how about because it is your right, i live in NC and cant stand not hunting on sundays, i have lived in Florida and Minnesota and thay dont have that dumb law
Old 09-04-2007, 10:21 AM

sun mon doesnt matter in il we hunt oct1 -jan11 solid thank the lord
Old 09-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

We just got to hunt Sundays a couple years ago.MICH. The only place we could hunt was state land.You can just imagine what that was like.

Quick Reply: Here's why I supprot Sunday hunting!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.