Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you shoot with your hunitng gloves on??

Old 09-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you shoot with your hunitng gloves on??

I wear thin gloves during the warmer weather and thicker ones during the cold weather. But when i see a deer coming i take the glove off my right hand so i can shoot my release or pull the trigger.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot with mesh gloves and face mask. I usually practice with them before the season, I've never seen a difference.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Handwarmers and coat pockets. Can't see wearing gloves to practice in July and August. My hands stay warm enough this way, I can put the gloves on when I'm trailing a blood trail!
Old 09-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have about 3 pairs of camo shooting gloves....1st pair is thick for cold winter weather,2nd pair is tight thin material for medium weather and the 3rd pair is very thin see through mess for hunting in the early season when it is pretty warm out.I've never had any problem hunting with any of my gloves,just comes 2nd nature when I'm hunting or practicing while shooting my release!
Old 09-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

never wear gloves while hunting. I have a hand pocket like the quaterbacks wear and just keep my hands in them if they get cold.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Never wore gloves until I saw how your hands stand out without them (by looking at my son in a stand without them). Now I wear (after much trial and error trying to find a good pair) Under Armour gloves and facemask. If it's cold.....I wear a handwarmer thing that like tube that straps around my waist. Just keep the hand warmers in there.

I wear the same type gloves turkey hunting.......and can't really tell a difference shooting with them or without them.