Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to break a bad habit?????

Old 09-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: How to break a bad habit?????

I appreciate all the advice guys! I don't seem to have the same problem when shooting at home or alone. Its not really that I care if someones score is better than mine either, cause I really don't care about winning or losing, just having a good time in the woods.

I'll work on some things today and see what I can do to improve things. Thanks again for all the advice it really helps to hear from other shooters. I'll keep ya posted.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always think about who's in control.Am I controling the shot or is the bow controling the shot.Rigidly sticking to a shot sequence is key,as said previously if any element of the shot sequence unravels you let down and start over.Blind bale shooting as Rob was talking about is a way to burn how shooting in a relaxed way should feel into your subconscious mind.Close to the target,your eyes closed,just feel the shot,completely relaxed.
Shooting to quickly is a form of Target Panic.Relax and take your time,and if any thing doesn't feel right let down.Simple but not easy.
I struggled with a bad case of target panic years ago.I have a couple of books and a tape series that deal with conquering it.If you think they would be helpful you are welcome to borrow them.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Something elseyoumight want totry is to nock an arrow,draw back and aim and hold on the target as long as yousteadly can then let down without releasing the arrow.Last year I had a similar problem and someone told me to try that and it helped me a lot.
JE