Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy MX-4 or MX-4?? Which to get??

Old 09-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Muzzy MX-4 or MX-4?? Which to get??

I bought a pack of MX-3's from work last week and I have been putting thru them the ringer. I absolutely LOVE them. I doubt you can go wrong with either, but I would choose the MX-3's, I think they have a bigger cutting diameter.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

this will be my second year using the mx-4s.

i would like to try out the mx-3s though, just for a change, not because i dont like the mx-4s
Old 09-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you really wanted to be cool you'd shoot the rage broadheads.... since thats obviously what your broadhead choice is about....

But at any rate... 4 blades over 3 in my book.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:45 PM

I understand that the MX series of Muzzy heads were designed to fly better out of higher speed bows. If your bow shoots the regular Muzzy 3 blade heads well, I think the performance on game would be very reliable. They are considered to be the "Remington870" of broadheads out here.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot the old Muzzy 4 blades for years and they fly the same as my field points. Very good heads. And yes I did tune them to get them to fly like that.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Fork Horn

Was torn the same way myself, shot a MX-4 that I got from a buddy and when it hit the same as my field points out to 30 yards and was within 1 1/2 inches of being the same at 40, I made my decision - MX-4's all the way this year
Old 09-03-2007, 07:53 AM

I'm shooting the three blade this year for the first time. They fly great and had zero tuning issues. What sold me was one of my bear hunters made a quartering away shot on a 7' blackie a couple of weeks ago....the arrow passed through and hit the leg on the opposite side, shattering it. Truly Bad to the Bone.

As for sharpness, no doubt about it......but, I would say the sharpest blades I have seen are on the G5 Strikers.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mr.G shot my MX-4 that I harvested 3 deer with last season. I'm a big fan of the head after last season. They fly true to 60 yards with my Trykon, and the bloodtrails are phenenomenal. The farthest I had a deer go was about 75 yards last season after being whacked with 'em.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

If you really wanted to be cool you'd shoot the rage broadheads.... since thats obviously what your broadhead choice is about....

But at any rate... 4 blades over 3 in my book.

What?? "since thats obviously what your broadhead choice is about" whats that supposed to mean?? Never, EVER would i pick my broadheads based on how "cool" i feel. I hope to God thats not what you meant, because thats absolutely stupid if you did.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:29 PM

i think he was joking. the rage with the rage heads is just a little too much. glad to hear that all you guys still like the muzzy products despite all the hype with the rage bhs.

Quick Reply: Muzzy MX-4 or MX-4?? Which to get??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.