Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stand hanging fun in Louisiana...

Old 09-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stand hanging fun in Louisiana...

93 was the high today. (Felt more like 103) As you can tell in the pics below, me and my helper were steaming. With the help of some ice water and wet rags on our heads, we made a go of it anyway. I don't know if you will be able to make out the spider in the last pic, but it had a web about 3.5 feet across and stretched across the entire atv trail leading to our property. I hate spiders.

This is a picture from one of my stands and my helper trimming a shooting lane. The spider and web is in my next post. You Northern guys count your blessings you don't have heat like this to hang stands in.LOL

LT
Old 09-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stand hanging fun in Louisiana...

The Spider and Web. By the way, did I mention I hate spiders.

LT
Old 09-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow............monster spider!!!!

hope it cools down for ya!!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Pictures LATomCat....it looks like you had some good help there with you hanging those stands!

Oh Yeah.....us "Northern Guys" have been having some really hot weather (near drought conditions) the past 2 months so we know whats it is like to sweat like a Hog putting our stands up too! [&:]
Old 09-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great pictures LT, thanks for sharing and GTO...lol, Missouri, Nothern guys...lmao...I guess you are somewhat north but us "Northerns" would pretty much call you southern guys...

Today was a beautiful cool 79 ish.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, 79 is a cold front down here. (LOL) , GTO you may have the heat but the humidity down here is around 90 to 100 percent and it sucks. Man it's so hot and dry down here we have to water the mailbox just to get mail.

LT
Old 09-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't get me wrong LT, it's been almost 90 here too and I've hunted some Oct openers in the 90's so I feel your pain(heat) but cooler temperatures are coming...I promise. At least here in the "North".
Old 09-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

Haha, I can't walk 5 feet in the woods down here without getting a Bannanna spider web in my face. I hate it, and it's blistering hot! Exactly one month till the season opener though.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
OGW

LT, Those are great pic's!
Nothing better than having the family with you.
Hopefully some day you can enjoyhaving him direct your sawblade while he's up in his stand
Old 09-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob.....I figured any state above Louisiana and Mississippi was considered NORTH? LOL

We finally got some decent rain today (tuesday Sept,4th 2007) and it has been a rough dry summer for the deer and turkey.Looks like the acorn crop is in very bad shape since we had a late freeze and most of the food plots are dry as a bone....hopefully I can get in some decent food plots in for late fall cause the deer are going to be needing some thing to eat!

SERVER ERROR '/' IN APPLICATION <~~~~ Hey guys this is what I keep getting when I go to any of the Forums.......I can't go straight to the Forums anywhere,I have to go to one of my old Replies to be able to reply?Is anyone else having this problem since they up-graded HuntingNet.com???????

Quick Reply: Stand hanging fun in Louisiana...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.