Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
World Class
5.99%
Very Good
16.17%
Better Than Average
44.91%
Average
31.14%
Below Average
1.20%
Pretty Poor
0.60%
Lost Cause
0%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Rating Your Shooting Ability

Old 08-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rating Your Shooting Ability

This is hard to judge. I hit what I shoot at usually. I've never really shot any sort of competition. Only shot with other people a few times and seemed to have faired as good as them. I know when I shoot at an animal I've got about as much confidence as one can have, so I checked above average. Honestly though I think the shots I take at animals are very easy shots, which is easy to make onesself confident.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can hold a 2" group out to 30 yards so I guess thats a little better than average for me. I dont shoot much over that distance not real comfortable!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

I say I am average. This includes both bow and gun.

I can drill bullseyes in my backyard all day, at skeet shoots that my company has between locationsI am always in the top 3 out of 25 to 30 people.

I just enjoy shooting and practice often.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:47 PM

Between above average and very good...But more importantly......IMPROVING...
Old 08-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to qualify myself as avereage. I'm not near as good as I used to be but I think that's what happens when I got older and quit taking it so seriously. But I can live with that.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Between above average and very good...But more importantly......IMPROVING...
I feel the same way, but prolly closer to the above average marker. I am still young and have a lot of work to do to get to very good.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot 3 inch groups, at 30yds, with no peep,on a relatively consistent basis! I don't really know if thats average or better than average!!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I picked average, never have shot any tournaments or anything. I shoot in the back yard at the house an over at other houses. I think it is a long way from tournament shooting to shooting a whitetailfrom a tree an dealing with all the decisions to make itall click.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:14 PM

Twenty years ago I would say I was Expert or even World class and could split arrows regularly. Age and a worn out arm do to medical reasonshave dropped me to an average shooter. I now have to use a croosbow because I can no longer hold a compound. But inmy hayday I was a very good shooter.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

I went with very good, Ive never robinhooded an arrow or done any archery leagues. Just practiced in my backyard whenever I get the itch to shoot. Last weekend I did my first archery tourny. Pop-up shoot, took 2nd on saturday with a score of 208/240 and 1st on sunday with a score of 198/240. Sundays course was much more difficult and spread out. On the runner buck I shot averaged 3 out of 4 shots as 12pts (smallest circle) Score could have been better had they not had a 36 1/2 yd shot, my pins are 20,30,40,50 and 60, so a little guess work was required. On a 3-D shoot being able to take my time Im sure I could easily score near perfect score, but notas easy with 10 seconds to aim/shoot/reload/watch for next target.

Quick Reply: Rating Your Shooting Ability

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.