Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

Okay, I shot my Rage 2 broadheads and they fly great (well the practice tips do) but I am just sooooo worried they won't open once they hit the deer or pig. My other concern is bone. What if it hits a rib or even part of the shoulder...do these broadheads have a chance?

I am considering switch to Montec G5's but with only a 1 1/16" cut, I feel a little shorted. Any advise would be appreciated.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

I don't have any experience with the Rage, or any expandables for that matter, but I would say that if you have any doubts whatsoever, I would go with a fixed broadhead. The G5 Montecs (which is what I use) have killed plenty of animals, so the cutting diameter is definitely not an issue. I have heard great things about the Rage 2 broadheads, and even considered them for this year, but I know from experience that the Montecs work, so I stayed with what I am comfortable with.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

My advise is that if you are not confident in your broadhead, then you need to switch. You don't need any lack of confidence floating around in the back of your head.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

From all the reviews and the fact that just about every store and catalog are sold out of the Rage's, I would say that they aren't just "hype".

But you should NEVER question your equipment. If you do, then don't use it.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:50 AM

They def sell like hot cakes but I just don't know...this sucks. Any more input?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

I keep hearing guys talking about this fear of the mechs not opening. This problem has long been eliminated by quality mechs of today. And now you have pleople blaming there poor shot placement on head performance. I just roll my eyes and keep putting giant holes in giant bucks with 2" mechs.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

They worked fine for me last year. I shot 3 animals with them.

-john
Old 08-31-2007, 08:08 AM
Spike

I know it's just a video but go buy Drury Outdoors Whitetail Madness 10. They are using the 2 blade Rage. Once you see the holes they were putting in their deer you will become very confident. It convinced me to buy a pack this year. It was unbelievable.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

GO WITH MUZZY AND ELIMINATE ALL DOUBTS AND WORRIES, TRY THE NEW MX MODELS THEY FLY EXTREMELY WELL......
Old 08-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

I use the rage and love them. I have never had a problem or one fail on me. But if you are not confident then go with something else

Quick Reply: Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.