Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

Old 09-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

ORIGINAL: ElkNutz

I posted in another post about my experience with the RAGE heads. I did not have a problem with them NOT opening. I had a problem with them opening in flight twice on a nice buck, Monday. You want to see an arrow act crazy...then shoot one unlocked from the O ring. IMO the rage heads are probably great performers if they stay intact in flight. But I think ist is a horrible design with the O ring that holds the blades in place. They open incredibly easy. almost too easy. I would not use them in the brush where there was a chance of nicking a limb on the way.
I just don't want to worry about my equipment at crunch time. Thats why I went back to Muzzy's. They definitly aren't as well built as a Muzzy in my eyes. I have shot some deer thru the shoulder blade that I am affraid the Rage couldn't have handled. I put them side by dside and there was no doubt the Muzzy looked stronger. I can gaurentee I would not take them to the woods for elk.[:-]
The o-rings don't hold the blades in place, they absorb the shock of impact. The blades snap into place when closed. If something gets in the track (groove) they may not snap into place. You can detect a slight click when properly closed

I've devised a test which should work. I'd try it myself but my bow is having a new cable placed. Shoot a watermelon and see the entry and exit hole. Then enjoy your watermelon!