Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:58 AM

Default RE: Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

ORIGINAL: Vulture6

I'll be shooting the Rage 2 blade mechanicals this year for the first time. My only worry is about the amount of damage that it will do... will it be excessive!?!
I don't see how damage can be excessive, you are trying to kill, right? lol

Ok, I will keep my Rage broadheads, just wanted some reassurance. I have watched the videos on the rage website atleast 30 times in the last few weeks so I know what they are supposed to do. But marketing can be a scary thing...invest $1 million in advertising and people to promote your business and you are golden...no matter how the product really works.

But I am going to stick with Rage this year...they fail me, they are tossed, they do what they are supposed to, I promote them.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: killadoe

GO WITH MUZZY AND ELIMINATE ALL DOUBTS AND WORRIES, TRY THE NEW MX MODELS THEY FLY EXTREMELY WELL......

You said it... Take all the guess work out of it
Old 08-31-2007, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

I did notice that they didnt get any pass throughs on the Drury video.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:52 PM

Like trophy time said, you just don't have to worry about mechanicals not opening up anymore. The only issue in my mind with any mechanical is the amount of kinetic energy required to pass through an animal. Any bow that is producing KE of 60 should be sufficient to use a mechanical. However, if you hit bone, you lose even more momentum than a large fixed blade, cut on contact style tip. It is true that even fixed blade broadheads may not pass through on a shoulder hit, but they stand a better chance because they slow the arrow down less. When it is all said and done, a mechanical can perform just as well as a fixed blade with deer size game. I too would like to try the Rage broadheads, I just have to save up a bit of money to be able to afford them!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

For crying out loud, TEST ONE!...not just the practice blades.

I use the Snypers..same head and I've shot 5 bucks with them with tremendous results HOWEVER,

They flew perfect for me, they did not however fly perfect for a friend of mine.

You are crazy if you don't test fire any broadhead your using and not just rely on what others have said....test one...use dental floss to tie the blades shut, I used a 1/16" wide piece of electrical tape around the blades and they still opened...I almost couldn't keep them shut unless I really, really wrapped them.

TEST THEM!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

My wife and I shot 4 black bears in Alberta with Rage Broadheads last May. All kills were clean pass throughs with incredible entry and exit holes. She was shooting 55 pounds and I was shooting 70 pounds. However, you can be assured that we both shot them before we hunted with them just like Rob/Pa Bowyer said. Never go into the woods with a broadhead that you haven't shot out of your bow. Eliminate the surprises.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

For crying out loud, TEST ONE!...not just the practice blades.

I use the Snypers..same head and I've shot 5 bucks with them with tremendous results HOWEVER,

They flew perfect for me, they did not however fly perfect for a friend of mine.

You are crazy if you don't test fire any broadhead your using and not just rely on what others have said....test one...use dental floss to tie the blades shut, I used a 1/16" wide piece of electrical tape around the blades and they still opened...I almost couldn't keep them shut unless I really, really wrapped them.

TEST THEM!
you said it brother![/blockquote]
Old 08-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: whitetailhunter01

ORIGINAL: Vulture6

I'll be shooting the Rage 2 blade mechanicals this year for the first time. My only worry is about the amount of damage that it will do... will it be excessive!?!
I don't see how damage can be excessive, you are trying to kill, right? lol
I had a friend who hunted with me, and he used a Marlin 45-70 Govt guide gun on eastern whitetails. That, sir, was excessive damage. A thumb sized hole going in, a baseball size hole coming out. Sure as shootin', the shot was fatal, but it was definitely overkill.

As far as the Rage 2 - I was just being a little tongue in cheek. If I wasn't confident in them, I'd be shooting G5s.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

I posted in another post about my experience with the RAGE heads. I did not have a problem with them NOT opening. I had a problem with them opening in flight twice on a nice buck, Monday. You want to see an arrow act crazy...then shoot one unlocked from the O ring. IMO the rage heads are probably great performers if they stay intact in flight. But I think ist is a horrible design with the O ring that holds the blades in place. They open incredibly easy. almost too easy. I would not use them in the brush where there was a chance of nicking a limb on the way.

I just don't want to worry about my equipment at crunch time. Thats why I went back to Muzzy's. They definitly aren't as well built as a Muzzy in my eyes. I have shot some deer thru the shoulder blade that I am affraid the Rage couldn't have handled. I put them side by dside and there was no doubt the Muzzy looked stronger. I can gaurentee I would not take them to the woods for elk.[:-]
Old 09-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bump for Mr Filter

Quick Reply: Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.