Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

I killed 6 deer last year all with rage 2 blade and I will not use anything else. WOW do they do some damage! Have "NO FEAR" Rage will do what they advertise! You will not be dissapointed!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Spike

Not to mention the only time I have heard of them failing is when the O-ring was missing. That's just a simple matter of checking your equipment before going into the woods. People say if you're not sure don't use them. But if that were true poeple would still be shooting recurves only because compound bows were different and poeple didn't know if they could trust them. How were you sure the broadheads you're currently using would kill a deer until you actually killed a deer with them?
Old 08-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

but I am just sooooo worried they won't open once they hit the deer or pig. My other concern is bone. What if it hits a rib or even part of the shoulder...do these broadheads have a chance?
If i was worried "anything" i use wasn`t going to work the way i need it to?
I wouldn`t use it(imo)..
Old 08-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought my first pack of Rage 2 blades a few weeks ago. I was a little skeptical at first but there is just tomany great reports from everyone. So i will shoot them this year for sure. To help eliminate some worry what I will most likely do is shoot a doe with them first. If I happen to have a shooter buck walk under me first then I will use a trusty Wack'em.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Go to ragebroadheads.com and watch their videos. I think they will make you a believer.

Die Hard

14 Days!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

There is no reason to be worried about using the rage broadhead! I had bought some for my antelope hunt 2 weeks ago. I was very impressed with them, I used the 2 blade and I had a 2 inch hole on both the entry hole and exit hole, broke several rib bones, and the arrow landed 20 yards on the other side of the antelope with a 35 yard shot, with the bow set an 65#. After inspection of the arrow and broadhead, besides being bloody and alittle duller it was in perfect condition.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

I don't care for them myself. If you want the same type of head but with out the worries try Rocky Mountain Broadheads Snyper or Snyper XP3 [if you want a three blade. Same head, smaller cutting diameter,but the "O ring" is out front where you can see it. Hurry though,I don't think you will be able to find them after this year.

[/align]
Old 08-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Agree with the other posts - if you aren't confident with something don't use it. I've used the 3 blade and so far am quite happy with them. The main thing I'd be looking for is a SHARP bladed head that will fly where you aim it, regardless of size. More often than not its the ability to make the shot and shot placement that determines the outcome, regardless of fixed or mechanical or 1-1/8" vs. 1-1/2".
Old 08-31-2007, 10:04 AM

RAGE 2 Blade for me. I just purchased some for a hog hunt on September 9th. I will post pics, plus my best friend is using RAGE 2 Blade as well for the same hunt.

Confidence in your equipment is necessary to say the least. From what I have read, the PROS def. are better than the few CONS that have been posted.

Most people that dont like mechanicals, just dont like mechanicals at all no matter what comes out. I would have to think though...the majority of hunting stores are out of this broadhead. I highly doubt people are buying this broadhead just to throw away $35. Plus, RAGE is not new either. They have been around for a bit, ....

I say shoot a RAGE and "Watch 'em Drop!"

Old 08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

I'll be shooting the Rage 2 blade mechanicals this year for the first time. My only worry is about the amount of damage that it will do... will it be excessive!?!

Quick Reply: Rage Broadheads ~ scared to use!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.