Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do I have a (tuning) Problem? W/muzzy response.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Do I have a (tuning) Problem? W/muzzy response.

Ok well as many know I put a Muzzy Zero Effect on my bow. It is awesome and I love it. But I have a question...(eventually)

So it's shooting really good. Arrows enter target straight and everything looks fine. Last night I decide to shoot broadheads first time, this year.

They are hitting good, grouping with my target tips out to 40 yards. Since I always shot a 2 prong rest. The cock vane was always down. Well now I have a drop-away does it matter?? I shot a couple with the cock vane up. They were consistantly 2.5 inches high..tried it with target tips..still high not quite as bad. Does this indicate a tuning issue? Should it shoot the same either way? The only other factor involved was a strong tail-wind gusting probably to 20 mph.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Do I have a (tuning) Problem?

GR8:

I switched from Radial X-Weaves to a/c/c 3-71's for this coming season. I initialy had a similar problem to yours....and I've always shot cock vane up, too. I noticed that by switching to a "fatter" arrow.....my cock vane orientation wouldn't work. The extra girth of the arrow now had my Blazers touching my cables.

So....I turned my cock vane to perpindicular (straight out to the left).....and my problem was solved.

I hope this gives a "little" insight.

Good luck.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your cock vane should be up when using a drop away rest. I bet you have some vane/rest contact when shooting your cock vane down and that's why you point of impact is lower than when shooting cock vane up. I would rotate all nocks and resight your bow with the cock vanes up.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Big shock, Buckeye with a backwards cock
Old 08-31-2007, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a quick FYI for you bowtech guys shooting blazers........

Bowtech's stock cable slide doesn't pull the cables over very far by design. This works great for most vanes out there, but blazers can sometimes have contact issues because of this unless you turn things like Jeff indicated. Problem is that a lot of rest options out there won't accomodate the fletchings in this position to clear cables. A Hicks teflon cable slide will pull them over just a hair more but not as far as a Sims teflon slide.......just enough clearance for blazers but not wrenching things over to the point of causing lean on the limbs or cams.

You can buy these slides from Lancaster.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, Matt....

I'm experiencing NO contact.....doing what I'm doing.....but it's cool to know there's a reason.

Thanks, again.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:55 AM
Bartender

LMAO, does this qualify for profanity filter
ORIGINAL: Germ

Big shock, Buckeye with a backwards cock
Old 08-31-2007, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

We're talking about arrows,

GR8 I think Rick is correct. I have mine down, because it puts the blazer at the widest point for clearance with my blazers
Old 08-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I'm not shooting blazers so thats not the issue. Plus I replaced the cable slide with the new one that comes with an 0 effect.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hmmm

Well are you hitting on the sides? Put some powder on the vanes and shoot. See if you are hitting anything

Quick Reply: Do I have a (tuning) Problem? W/muzzy response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.