Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do I have a (tuning) Problem? W/muzzy response.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:32 AM

Default RE: Do I have a (tuning) Problem?

Mark Land, muzzy's tech support, actually told me this rest performs better with the cock vane down, alinged with the groove in the rest. I've been shooting both ways and haven't noticed a difference, but you may.

Where do your cables cross, above or below the cable guard? I have found that crossing my cables below the cable guard works better and doesn't put as much stress on my cables. Also, your elevation screw should hit the stop plate at the same time your draw stop hits the limb.

It took me a while to get this rest tuned but man was it worth it. I still have some micro tuning to do. Going to work on that today.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Mark Land, muzzy's tech support, actually told me this rest performs better with the cock vane down, alinged with the groove in the rest. I've been shooting both ways and haven't noticed a difference, but you may.

Where do your cables cross, above or below the cable guard? I have found that crossing my cables below the cable guard works better and doesn't put as much stress on my cables. Also, your elevation screw should hit the stop plate at the same time your draw stop hits the limb.

It took me a while to get this rest tuned but man was it worth it. I still have some micro tuning to do. Going to work on that today.
Duc, after posting this and getting mixed feedback..I sent Mark an email already..I'll post his reply when it comes...thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is the reply recieved from Mark at Muzzy..You gotta love the quick customer support!

With our rest you will get the most clearance by shooting the cock vane down and that is how I normally set up all my arrows.
You should not see a difference in impact unless there might be a contact issue, but shooting in that high a wind can make a difference and would definitely lead to some inconsistency. I would retry it on a calm day. But keep any eye on your down vane and make sure there are no marks on it, may just need to fine tune the turnbuckle sleeve a little bit more and make sure the elevation screw is hitting the stop plate as late as possible. Good luck, but it sounds like you have it set pretty well.

[/align]
Old 08-31-2007, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't had a dropaway on my bow since I tried a Barner some 20 years ago, so I'm certainly no expert with dropaways. Still, I think the primary purpose behind the dropaway is to eliminate fletching contact with the rest. So, I'm a little confused by this statement:

Your cock vane should be up when using a drop away rest.
Why?

If the rest has dropped clear before the fletching ever gets to it, what does it matter how the cock vane is oriented? Wouldn't cock vane out be just as good, and eliminate the potential problem with cable contact at the same time?

You've got me scratching my head over this'n.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Here is the reply recieved from Mark at Muzzy..You gotta love the quick customer support!

With our rest you will get the most clearance by shooting the cock vane down and that is how I normally set up all my arrows.
You should not see a difference in impact unless there might be a contact issue, but shooting in that high a wind can make a difference and would definitely lead to some inconsistency. I would retry it on a calm day. But keep any eye on your down vane and make sure there are no marks on it, may just need to fine tune the turnbuckle sleeve a little bit more and make sure the elevation screw is hitting the stop plate as late as possible. Good luck, but it sounds like you have it set pretty well.

You got that right. I've spoken to Mark a few times and he has been more than willing to help. Great guy and product.

Just curious GR8, whats your drawlength on the Allegiance?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 AM

I'm not much better at 28". The shorter the drawlength the less travel this rest has.

Let me know if you get your problem solved.