Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My hunting ground pic

Old 08-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default My hunting ground pic

(Mods, please move to bowhunting section, its very early in the morning[])Ok i got bored and this is my first stab at posting a google earth pic. This is a portion of my hunting grounds, you will notice it has alot of diversity with pine trees and hardwoods, and water. if you notice some of the pines look as if they are planted in rows, its because this is old strip mine ground, they left rows of very hilly dirt in areas, and is now grown up into woods. some of the woods are very large and alot of it is plumb nasty to walk in, mainly the hilly pine areas. you cant see it from the air but there are alot of thickets that i like to hunt the edges of. The Red spots are places i hunt, the Red blue spot has alot of activity during the rut, there is a thicket between it and the field. I almost connected on a two big one's there last season, just out of reach. The green spot is where i got my archery turkey last spring contest. like i said, i got boared on night shift.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My hunting ground pic

Looks like a great place to hunt. I know those old strip mines can hold some deer. They get some thick areas in there the deer just love.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks nice!
Old 08-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah some of those thick areas are almost inacessable, The deer can hole up in there and be dug in like a tic.
ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Looks like a great place to hunt. I know those old strip mines can hold some deer. They get some thick areas in there the deer just love.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:00 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all the info pal. I will be there this year and I will bring Jerrod and Shawn along with me. If we see you in the woods, we will make you squeal like a pig.

Dink is Love
Old 08-31-2007, 05:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: honcho12

Thanks for all the info pal. I will be there this year and I will bring Jerrod and Shawn along with me. If we see you in the woods, we will make you squeal like a pig.

Dink is Love
Ba da der der ...der. der der....sure do got a perty mouth. [:'(]

Looks like a great place blood...which red dot is my stand, or is it the blue one? Something easy access for now.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Honcho, you know im gonna have to strangle you dont ya? [8D]Here i sent you a package the other day and look what i get for it, Grief!! [8D]Tell shawn i can take him and jered in a street fight,at the same time. 42 years of pike co. street fighting ya know Oh by the way. Your dam right Dink is love, its everywhere!

Dink is Love
Old 08-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Easy there Robo you have been stuck in front of the tv to long [8D]Ill borrow tfoxs deer cart to tote you in the woods, ill try not to run into anything [8D] Red, blue is the best bet
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Dink is Love
Ba da der der ...der. der der....sure do got a perty mouth. [:'(]

Looks like a great place blood...which red dot is my stand, or is it the blue one? Something easy access for now.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

We have a wagon that is better for hauling people around at deer camp,i'll let you borrow that.