Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadheads and Fletching RESULTS

Old 08-29-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Broadheads and Fletching RESULTS

ok so i kind of took a little advice from everyone. I made sure i had no tuning issues by re paper tuning and everything was good. Then i shot some field tips all the way out to 40 yrds 1 arrow at a time still everything cool. Then i started shooting 1 broadhead on each of my 4 best arrows until i found 2 that worked the best at 20 yrds. And then i walked them 1 arrow at a time all the way out to 40 yrds taking alot of time on making sure they were good shots. Both arrows hit playing card size groups at 40. So after all that was done i made sure they were good by taking a brand new broadhead out of the package and shooting it again at 20yrds and it was right at my Point of aim so i put them away and thats the 2 arrows i will shot with on Saturday for my first Bull Moose TAG.

I guess after that whole big paragraph does anyone see anything wrong with my thought process as im new to the sport but it seems as though it should work fine.

FYI dont head up carbon arrows to try and turn the broadheads to match up the fletchings also made the mistake but it was already on a cracked arrow so not out anything.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Broadheads and Fletching RESULTS

Spin test the others to look for wobble, might tell you why they aren't flying as well as your 2 good ones.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadheads and Fletching RESULTS

ORIGINAL: mystryak

FYI dont head up carbon arrows to try and turn the broadheads to match up the fletchings also made the mistake but it was already on a cracked arrow so not out anything.
Thats an old wives tale anyway. But true... carbon and fire... not the best of friends.

I think your process was dead on. I think you are all set to go, and if you are shooting poker cards at 40, I think a moose will be in big trouble.... just remember to aim for that sweet spot and not the whole moose.