Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Waxing Bow String

Old 08-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Waxing Bow String

How often do you all wax your bowstrings?, and What portion of the stringshouldI wax whenI do it?

Old 08-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Waxing Bow String

It really depends on how much I shoot usually w' my schedule 100 arrows a day i wax about once every week I wax everything that doesnt have serving on it.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anywhere from 1-3 times per week depending on how much I shoot, weather condtions, etc.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I take particular care with my equipment. My hunting bow gets shot maybe 50 arrows a year. My 3D/target bows might average 300 shots a week year round. When not in use they are all cased. Rarey if ever do I wax a string. Maybe twice a year---maybe. Did I say I don't abuse my gear?

There is no fraying or fuzzing on any of my strings. They are all aftermarket and custom made. My bows are all finely adjusted for draw length and I couldn't tell you the last time I wore an armguard or hit may arm with the string.

I might alos add that Iusually never keep a bow moe than 1 1/2 years so rarely change strings. When I need a new string I guess it's time for a new bow.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

I might alos add that Iusually never keep a bow moe than 1 1/2 years so rarely change strings. When I need a new string I guess it's time for a new bow.

It must be nice to be rich.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the heat of summer... almost every day.

Really anytime it doesn't feel like it has wax on it. If it feels dry... wax it.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

i wax everything including my serving and loop.

i really like BCY ML6 wax...i like it alot better than the stuff i used to use...dont even know what it was...sold at Dick's..think bohning made it..the BCY stuff seems alot better...

how often do i wax? depends on how often im shooting and the conditions etc...basically if it looks or feels dry, wax it. from what i understand wax cant hurt...so i rather over wax than not wax enough...
Old 08-29-2007, 04:53 PM

I switched to Bohning Accelerator wax last year. No build up and works super easy into the string.

I just put on new WC string/cables on my Vulcan and am now using the WC string conditioner. It feels very similar to the Accelerator wax once on the string, but is dry to the touch before you rub it into your string/cables. I like this much better than the Accelerator for that reason.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i do it once a month but more often when i shoot more often

[/align]
Old 08-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to wax my bow after every 100 shots.

Quick Reply: Waxing Bow String

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.