Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whose Next? (Contest DRT)

Old 08-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whose Next? (Contest DRT)

Sept 15th here. Ive got my eye on a few nice ones that have been showing up almost every evening in daylight. My luck, of course that will change the day I get in my stand as they will change from the bacheloer grp pattern lol.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Right here is the call

Shed33 180''
GMMAT 120''

Gospel.

Sept 21st I will be in KY, TFOX has one tied up for me
Old 08-29-2007, 08:45 AM

Only reason i think this way is cause well when i see bucks like this in one area within a couple weeks i think i got pretty good odds

Old 08-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

alot of seasons will be starting within the next 2 weeks...with most of the rest by the end of the month...anyones call now...

id like to beat GMMAT to a doe...i think he gets to hunt before my sept 15th hunt though
Old 08-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Leathal,

I seen a group like that one time while hunting Mule deer in Wyoming. The winds were swirliing and they were down in the bottom of a canyon and I just watched from about 140 yards away before they caught my scent and took off. Good luck with them. Hopefully they will stay around until your season opens.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I imagine someone will score before my opener on Sept. 15th. Im hoping to get on the board early though!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Wheatley

Leathal,

I seen a group like that one time while hunting Mule deer in Wyoming. The winds were swirliing and they were down in the bottom of a canyon and I just watched from about 140 yards away before they caught my scent and took off. Good luck with them. Hopefully they will stay around until your season opens.
Yah i have to say stalking mulies on the prairies is quite the challenge, but as you said, the wind can make or break a hunt, so im hoping for a nice calm day. As for season opener, that was last Sat[&:] i just havent been able to get out yet.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lethalconnection

Only reason i think this way is cause well when i see bucks like this in one area within a couple weeks i think i got pretty good odds

Those are some UNBELEIVEABLE deer!!!!!!!!

Good Luck To You!!
Old 08-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Mauser...

If you wait 'til the 15th....you won't beat me to a doe. You might not beat me to two.

If I take a buck, though......well....it'll be happenstance. I'm shooting every doe I see....and I'm sure I'll miss out on some encounters because of this approach.

Good luck to all.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

i figured youd be startin pretty soon Jeff...i know i dont stand much of a chance...im only hunting one spot for this early doe hunt...going to start at the orchard i hunted last year...if that dont work well, i am heading to the creek crossing 200yds down the creek. id like to get a doe under the belt...but i aint blowin my good spots over it...id really like to tag my buck the first day of the season...or early....i love hunting more than anyone i know...but it stresses me out juggling school and the love of my life...we will see...said the same thing in spring turkey and killed me a double bearder the first week...then i studied for finals i'll be alright this semester...but know i gotta do some studying and work...

i know i wont be next to score..i gotta while...but hoping to be early...first day in my spot aughta be good...taking as much food and drinks as i can carry and i aint leavin no matter how bored i get...if it rains...so be it..right Germ??

Quick Reply: Whose Next? (Contest DRT)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.