Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how deer die

Old 08-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Default how deer die

Lets talk a little about how deer die when hit by an arrow in the rib cage. Three ways will cause a deer to lie down within 100 yards and die within 30 min. First, a direct hit to the heart aorta vena cava or major blood vessel this will cause an immediate drop in blood pressure also known asHypovolemic shock. Next, ismechanical shock this iswhen a hole is created in the chest wall causingatension pneumo-thorax basically when air is trapped around the lung and will not let the lung expand. You will also see this when the chest wound has sealed off.Another type of injury is ahemothorax when blood is trapped around the lungs and will not let them expand. Times when this may be seen is when youopen the chest cavity and liters of blood come rushing fromthe first cut into the diaphragm.None of these injuries require a direct hit tothe lungs to cause a quick death. Last is mass lung tissue damage this causes a lack of ability to diffuse air into the blood and then perfuse the body. With this type of trauma it helps to hit close to the bronchial bifurcations this will cause all of theinferior lung tissueto be useless. This is howthe death process takes place, a combination ofall three is the most common. If I need to explain myself anymore just ask. P.S. the void that everyone is talking about is where the aorta and vena cava are located.
Jeremy EMT-P
Old 08-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how deer die

.....enjoyment....good post.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

Good Stuff!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good post my man, i like it!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

can you draw me a picture please lol just joking great explenations!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll give ya the short version... Deer die from a arrow cutting a lot of vital !!@#$ and drop in blood pressureOr not so vital !@#$ and they die from blood poisoning
Old 08-29-2007, 11:30 AM

thank you
Old 08-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bet that you are your parents pride and joy aren't you. Good stuff I like to give my deer one of those hemo things.....
Old 08-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you a Staffer, other than at a hospital?
Old 08-29-2007, 02:23 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

Which is a double lung shot?

Is it that "mass lung damage that causes a lack of ability to diffuse air into the blood and then perfuse the body" thing ?

If so can you simple size that for me please . Similar to suffocation?

Quick Reply: how deer die

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.