Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how deer die

Old 08-29-2007, 09:58 PM

Default RE: how deer die

Ok I removed the post. Better?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:22 PM

I didn't mean to be disrespectful in any way BUT.... I have a degree in Finance and Computer Science and if I started a thread describing the mathmatically correct way to figure the correct trajectory of an arrow you would probably move right to the next thread. I personally like simple.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Typical Buck

I always thought deer died mostly of cancer or car accidents.....

No, I think the big difference about the approach on how someone dissects a deer's death is the amount of respect we show in our sport's tradition......
I really enjoyed the post and I learned more from this than "jus' don't shoot the buggers up their asses" post...

thank you'

F.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:03 AM

Yeh I bet ! So did your point of aim Change knowing he will expire because you hit him closer to his bronchial bifurcations ? Or are you going for the Hypovolemic shock first. Bet you have to go back to the post to figure out which is which, or am I just making this up?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:24 AM

ERICSTACY you state in your message you personally like simple but yet yet you post specific weight and grain of arrowswith fps and prevailing winds thats pretty hypocritical so your saying you dont just go out to the woods and simply shoot without thought. I didn't think so. bowhunting hopefully isnt about simple its about the challange of the hunt and making a clean humane shot. I believe that is what this post is trying to show that bowhunting isnt about simple!
Old 08-30-2007, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

awsome! great stuff.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Total Crap

Lung shot, Heart shot, makes NO difference.

What actually kills the deer is lack of oxygen to the brain.

If you poke enough holes in his lungs they cannot oxygenate the blood supply - the deer actually first passes out first - 10-12 seconds later he expires.

Poke his heart full of holes and no blood makes it to the brain - lack of OXto the brain and he is done.

If you drag out some hunting videos you can see this in action.

Watch for the shot and start counting -1 one thousand- 2 one thousand

The deer will hit the ground within 1-2 seconds from 12 one thousand.

When you are watching your hunting videos he will go down in 12 seconds and on occasion you will see the legs or tail wiggle but 20-22 seconds after the shot it is all over with.

When the Army taught us how to strangle people during hand-to-hand combat, we were taught it takes 12 seconds without air/blood for the opponent to pass out; you have to keep the pressurehim for 21 seconds to kill him

Deer and men are about the same size.

It all ways amazes me when I hear people tell me they made a perfect shot and the deer still ran 400 yds – sorry it ain’t going to happen.

When the brain goes to sleep the legs quit working.

Actually when it is all said and done there are only two things that kill any animal:

Lack of oxygen to the brain.
Catastrophic damage to the brain[/ol]
Old 09-01-2007, 03:10 PM

We have a Hannibal here on HNI. Nice.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: footballplaya

We have a Hannibal here on HNI. Nice.
Now that's funny. Hello Clarice!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:34 PM

CPTLEO1 derrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! I completely and total grasp the concept that lack of oxygen to the brain causes death. What I was refering to is how lack of oxygen can happen. All the processes that I explained have the end result of hypoxia. So no that is not crap, further study would show that these injuries are how deer and people die. Addressing the strangling issue you areblocking theblood flow to the coraded artery which is nothing like what we do to deer.

Quick Reply: how deer die

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.