Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Lok vs. Scent Blocker

Old 08-28-2007, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Scent Lok vs. Scent Blocker

I am currently looking at buying a new set of light weight hunting clothes and am trying to decide between scentlok and scent blocker. Anyone know of any differences or whether one is better than the other? One seems to be a more spendy than the other but they appear to be about the same. Also, any suggestions as to what other products would be similar is appreciated.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Scent Lok vs. Scent Blocker

Old 08-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Dominant Buck

trigger.

Do a search on the forums. This thread will NOT turn out good.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you say that? The question was is one betterthan the other. The answer is probably no. They're both about the same.
Now if you ask "Do they work?" that's where the trouble starts!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it doesn't turn out good, I'll just lock it and ban whoever it is that isn't answering his questions. Seems simple enough to me.

Now, to answer your question it all comes down to personal preference. They both do the same exact thing using the same exact method, so find the one that fits your budget, your hunting style, and your personal choice and go with it. I personally own and have used the Scent-Lok Savannah EXT and think it's a great lightweight hunting suit for early season. I would recommend it to anyone. However, I have played around with some of the new ScentBlocker stuff and it looks equally as nice.

In the end it comes down to what you want and what you're comfortable wearing. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks because they're not hunting in it - you are.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Justin's right ,it all boil's down to which give's you the best price ,and which you feel is best for you . Also it depend's on the availability in your area ,which is closest .After that it's all your decission ,so you can't go wrong either way.

nubo
Old 08-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice work justin

I knew you were going to bring your big stick

If they came in a better pattern I like Full season suit from ScentLok.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a dream season suit and my wife has a road trips suit, both Scent Blocker stuff. I love mine, she loves hers. The only real difference is the pattern. Mine is Mossy Oak and her's is Realtree AP. Comes down to personal preference really. All of the stuff is "good" though. My Dream Season jacket is just abotu the perfect bowhunting jacket IMO.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Fair enough. If that occurred each time this was asked (and I'd welcome it).....then we wouldn't have to rely on past experiences.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

thanks fellas, i am looking at either the savannah ext or the road trips ext, but the savannah is about 90 bones cheaper.

Quick Reply: Scent Lok vs. Scent Blocker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.