Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hellrazors

Old 08-27-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Hellrazors

I bought a pack of Hellrazor 100 grain broadheads today. Because Sportsmans was all out of G5's havent tried them yet didnt know if anyone had any opinions. I used 100 grain muzzys for awhile but wanted to try fixed broadheads it just seems to make more sense.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hellrazors

I looked at some the other day, they look to be a good head, seem to be very sharp, I like the design. I dont know if I would trade my Muzzies for them though,
Old 08-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hellrazors

They are sharper out of the package than the Montecs are. But that isn't saying a whole lot. They are made of a higher carbon steel than the G5s, which will make them easier to sharpen, yet more prone to nicks or bends. The main difference in my eyes is that they are welded together, rather than being machined from a single piece of steel as the montecs are. Will that make a difference...hopefully not. I'm sure they will work excellent for you.

BTW.. I shoot Montecs... and love them... I don't mind resharpening a fixed blade head.... thats part of the game. Good luck.