Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stealth cam film type

Old 08-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default stealth cam film type

hello all. this is actually geterdun2 but my password for that username is at work and i need a answer to a question ASAP, so i jus made one real quick. i gues this should be in trailcam section, but i need an answer by tomarrow morning and that seciton never gets any responses lol. i jus need a quick answer to a question. i have a basic stealthcam i would like to put out tomarrow, 35mm camera, not digital just a regular ol' model (the camo one)....like the one of this page: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stealth-Cam-Trai...QQcmdZViewItem. now i have used it before, but a long time ago and i forget exactly which type of film to use. my GF just bought me some 400 SP but it says it is kodak ADVANTIX, it says it is "color print film for APS cameras". im not sure if this is correct or not? can someone fill me in on exactly what type to use with this camera. i really appreciate it fellas, i want to put it out tomarrow and hopefully get a buck or two walking by before the season starts. thanks
Old 08-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: stealth cam film type

ok well it doest look like this page is working, but i think i explained the type of camera it is well enough. basically, what film would be best for a 35 mm scouting camera. i think its the 400 SPEED, but should it be for general use or outdoor use or whatever. thanks alot
Old 08-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

lol sorry to post again, but i also wanted to know what a APS CAMERA is? i have never heard of it. lol thanks, i promise i wont reply to my own message again
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Not to sure about the film, but here is a link to the APS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Photo_System
Old 08-27-2007, 08:32 PM

I use 400 speed film in my stealth cam. It works the best.I tried 800 speed but the pics were real grainy.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

bob V, thanks alot bud. now my girlfriend bought me 400 SPEED but it says it is advantix "color print film for APS cameras". i have never heard of this. what specific type do you use? is it just the general outdoor? i just dont want to wait a week and then get my camera and try to get it developed just to see that i bought the wrong type of film, lol. that would suck. i should have checked earlier, but i forgot that i had forgot what type of film to use (if that makes sense lol) thanks alot
Old 08-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

GETERDUN--- I use Kodak 400 ultramax and from what I can find the APS film is dfferent and will not fit in the camera. Im thinking I have looked at this before and didnt think it would work!

ALSO you can not use FUJIFILM in stealth cams because they are too thick if you go to buy new stuff!! Hope this helps!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:57 PM

I get my film from the dollar store. It's useally Fuji and I get good pics.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bob I am very surprised at this. I went through easily 5 rolls of Fuji last year and got pis**ed and called stealth cam up and wanted to know what was wrong why it wouldnt rewind and the first thing they asked me is if I was using Fujfilm. They told me they only recommend Kodak becuse Fuji is too thick. I switched to Kodak and have no problems with it rewinding.

You got me thinking about something now because I have used dollar sore 200 film and it rewinded and worked good in the camera but the quality of 200 was no good thats why I switched!

But hey if it aint broke dont fix it! But if you ever do run into a prob remember what I am tellin ya guys!!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys. i guess i will take back this advantix film and just get the regular "general" or outdoor film i guess. hopefully they have it. my GF said all they had at walgreens was the advantix, lol, but i doubt it she sometimes overlooks some details (but she gets an A for effort). just to be sure i will go buy some 400 SPEED outdoor film i guess it would be. i dont know if there is outdoor or general or whatever, but i dont think this APS film is correct. thanks alot, if anyone knows exactly what specific type of kodak 400 SPEED film is best, i would appreciate it, if not im sure i can find something. thanks a million

Quick Reply: stealth cam film type

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.