Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I would enter the animal.
57.80%
No, I would not enter the animal.
29.48%
Not able to say without having to actually make the decision.
12.72%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT YOU JOIN P&Y FOR GODS SAKE
No, Scott.....you're suggesting I subject myself to a process that I've already told you I have NO INTEREST IN DOING.

Why is this so hard to understand?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Buckeye:

If you think my entering data is the right thing to do as an ethical, responsible hunter.....I trust your judgement.

I honestly am more turned off to the prospects of ever measuring a deer, right now.....I don't know if I will, or not.

While we're on that subject......if it's simply "data" they're after......why don't they post a tutorial on how to properly measure a deer's rack.....and leave it up to the hunter? Why the need for the "official" scorer.....if it's only for the data? What POSSIBLY could matter over 3-5 inches in a deer's overall measurement (data -ly speaking)?

I never said or implied that that is the thing to do to be a responsible etc etc hunter..... That has nothing what so ever to do with being a great sportsman.

You have measured at least two bucks that I know of why the change of heart?

They do have books on how to properly score P&Y candidates. They also have measuring kits that can be purchased.

By using trained official measurers they are keeping everything on a level playing field...... Don't forget they are the keepers of world record animals.

Why didn't we all just count how many yards Barry Sanders rushed for or how many HR's Bonds hit?

[/align]
Old 08-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Bartender

Then why and the heck are you still in this thread?
You stated no move on

No, Scott.....you're suggesting I subject myself to a process that I've already told you I have NO INTEREST IN DOING.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't try to make this look one sided... I was only answering and rebutting your questions.....
Old 08-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

I don't think I would unless it was in the top 10 in the state.I don't use the books for info.either.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Dominant Buck

By using trained official measurers they are keeping everything on a level playing field......
If it's only for data purposes.....WHO CARES? Unless it's a state/world record animal.....what possible difference could 3-5 inches make on a personally scored animal?

Why didn't we all just count how many yards Barry Sanders rushed for or how many HR's Bonds hit?
I'm glad you used that comparison....becasue if the truth be known.....deer hunting is JUST as competitive to some. Maybe like.....those in the books? I want no part of it......and I'm betting you're turning mor epeople off to it than gaining potential members/contributors.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Bartender

WOW typo's you must be getting heated.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

By using trained official measurers they are keeping everything on a level playing field......
If it's only for data purposes.....WHO CARES? Unless it's a state/world record animal.....what possible difference could 3-5 inches make on a personally scored animal?

I'm glad you used that comparison....becasue if the truth be known.....deer hunting is JUST as competitive to some. Maybe like.....those in the books? I want no part of it......and I'm betting you're turning mor epeople off to it than gaining potential members/contributors.
Please show me what I have said or done that would turn anyone off?

Coming from the guywho points out that he believes that atlas's bucks scoreshave beenincorrect that wereposted in the HNI contests
Old 08-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Bartender

Didnt turn me off. This has come up in the past and he stated it wasnt worth the $25 and he couldn't justify paying that. Cheap man cheap.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I think I made my point. I won't go down this road with you (insults).

Have a good evening Scott. I'm out.

Quick Reply: If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.