Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I would enter the animal.
57.80%
No, I would not enter the animal.
29.48%
Not able to say without having to actually make the decision.
12.72%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

Old 08-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

Try to belittle or chastise my hunting accomplishments. Good luck.
You missed my whole point. YOU were the one that felt it necessary to point out that I'd never taken a P&Y animal (I never mentioned yours). I didn't know that was a prerequisite to answer the poll.

It's about your saying they (P&Y) make you jump through "hoops". Sounds derogatory to me.
Didn't intend for the "process" of having to join an organization.....Pay a fee......wait for a drying period....travel to an "official" P&Y scorer....submit the photos........submit the application...etc... to imply that the process was derogatory. If you don't think it is.....more power to ya. It's simply my opinion that it's jumping through hoops..

Old 08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

YES I WOULD!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't plain and simple. It really doesn't interest me to see my name in print.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I entered the first one back in 83, just never got around to having the others done. Ill get around to it some day, its just not been on the top of my, things to do list!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Try to belittle or chastise my hunting accomplishments. Good luck.
You missed my whole point. YOU were the one that felt it necessary to point out that I'd never taken a P&Y animal (I never mentioned yours). I didn't know that was a prerequisite to answer the poll.

It's about your saying they (P&Y) make you jump through "hoops". Sounds derogatory to me.
Didn't intend for the "process" of having to join an organization.....Pay a fee......wait for a drying period....travel to an "official" P&Y scorer....submit the photos........submit the application...etc... to imply that the process was derogatory. If you don't think it is.....more power to ya. It's simply my opinion that it's jumping through hoops..

I did not miss any points. If you have never went through the process, how would you know what hoops there are to jump through. I've had scorers come to my house, measure, take my check and complete the whole process in an hour. The horns will be waiting longer than 60 days before the taxi's ready anyway. This is why I pointed out that you've never had the oppurtunity to go through this proceedure. Nothing more... it's that simple. Until you try it, how will you know? If you simply choose not to go through with it, so be it. Just don't make it seem like some big hassle when you've never done it. Please don't make this any more complicated than it is. I'm done discussing it. That's gospel.[:-]
Old 08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Until you try it, how will you know?
I've never eaten horse ****...but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like that, too.

Gospel.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted no. I don't need to prove anything. It wouldn't mean any more to me than the actual buck does so it would just be another $25 bill to pay. I can type my name for free if I want to see it in print. If I shot something of such caliber that it would deserve being named after me and got a magazine photo spread I guess I would do it then as part of the whole circus but that's just because a buck of that caliber is worth sharing and I know how neat it is to see those pictures and read the story. Other than that a wall mount and a good hunting story is all I need.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

No I would not!!!! I have 5 and haven't entered 1 of them. Not that P&Y haven't done alot of good for our sport I just feel they have made alot of guys make decissions that they might not would have made if not for all the presure to keep shooting big deer. Like said above I have them on my wall and the memories to go with them and thats all I need. Just my 2 cents. Walt
P&Y has not made anyone do anything..... Each and every one of us are responsible for our decisions.

You do not have to join P&Y to enter an animal...... You are one of the guys I notice that throw around "P&Y" posts....... You can use their resources but will not add to their data pool?????
Old 08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I also talk about QDMA.....NWTF.....DU......The Carolina Panthers and the Playboy club.

I don't pay dues to any of them, either.

If they didn't want their data to be used....they should charge for it.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never said they don't want their data used..... I just think if you use it you should add to it as well.

QDMA and the NWTF are a couple more great orgs well worth any money one would send them. You get a great Mag subscription with a QDMA membership as well.

Quick Reply: If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.