Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I would enter the animal.
57.80%
No, I would not enter the animal.
29.48%
Not able to say without having to actually make the decision.
12.72%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

Old 08-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

simply got it scored, sent in the form with the money and wala! Entered.
= hoops I don't have to jump through if I don't enter it.

To each his own.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Your new cannon of a bow may not be legal
Great. More bad news. [&o]Now I guess Ihave tosell it and buy aMatthews. LOL
Old 08-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

simply got it scored, sent in the form with the money and wala! Entered.
= hoops I don't have to jump through if I don't enter it.

To each his own.
Sorry, my bad. Coming from someone who never entered one, I was wondering what "hoops" he could possibly be talking about.

You're right..... to each his own. We'll see if this changes when or if you do get a qualifier.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Greg I didn't chastise/belittle you or your hunting accomplsihments for the sake of your right to choose whether or not to enter an animal or not. Someone asked a question and I answered it.

Period.

Coming from someone who has entered one.....I wouldn't expect you to understand my choice NOT to. Iwouldn't walk across the street to have the Pres. of the club shake my hand and measure my deer.

i'm finding out that the more I get into this endeavor (deer hunting) the more reclusive I'll likely become (when it comes to my hunting area.....and what I want to do there.....INCL. what I take). It's becoming more and more "personal" to me. That's all I meant.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I said no only because i have yet to enter any of mine into P&Y. I have no problem with P&Y and probably should enter them but just havent really gotten around to it and each time i kill one it just adds another $25 to the grand total...

Good post though, reminding me to get off my a$$ and just pay the money to get them in there...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

No I would not!!!! I have 5 and haven't entered 1 of them. Not that P&Y haven't done alot of good for our sport I just feel they have made alot of guys make decissions that they might not would have made if not for all the presure to keep shooting big deer. Like said above I have them on my wall and the memories to go with them and thats all I need. Just my 2 cents. Walt
Old 08-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Probably not right away, unless it went over 150". I would probably enter any elk, bear or whatever else critter I killed that made it. Don't really know the reasons why. I like the organization, I hate net scoring. I could see me getting old and entering any that I've accumulated over the years. But right now its not a real priority, but that could change.

And after re-reading my post I think I get the wishy washy award for not making up my mind one way or the other
Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice set up there!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I voted no it is just not that important to me. I also just want to fly under the radar and not advertise where my deer are coming from. If I shot a state record I think I would change my mind. As for the P&Y's I have shot I thought the one from last year made it but it fell an inch short but the 2005 buck would make it no problem. I think P&Y is a good organization it does give us a standard of measurement that we all can compare to.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Greg I didn't chastise/belittle you or your hunting accomplsihments for the sake of your right to choose whether or not to enter an animal or not. Someone asked a question and I answered it.

Try to belittle or chastise my hunting accomplishments. Good luck.

Period.

Coming from someone who has entered one.....I wouldn't expect you to understand my choice NOT to. Iwouldn't walk across the street to have the Pres. of the club shake my hand and measure my deer.

This isn't about your choice not to enter a record book deer. It's about your saying they (P&Y) make you jump through "hoops". Sounds derogatory to me. I really don't care one way or the other if someone enters one or not. It's only about your negative connotations about the entering process that rubs me the wrong way.

Period.

i'm finding out that the more I get into this endeavor (deer hunting) the more reclusive I'll likely become (when it comes to my hunting area.....and what I want to do there.....INCL. what I take). It's becoming more and more "personal" to me. That's all I meant.

I agree with you here as I am reclusive when it comes to hunting deer as well.

Quick Reply: If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.