Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I would enter the animal.
57.80%
No, I would not enter the animal.
29.48%
Not able to say without having to actually make the decision.
12.72%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

Old 08-27-2007, 08:25 PM

Default RE: If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

Have not and probably will not. I don't believe in net score.....it doesn't give the deer full credit.

With that said, I still believe P&Y is a great org.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Absolutly..........A shoulder mount with a P&Y Certificate next to it along with a field picture I think looks awesome
Old 08-27-2007, 08:30 PM

Probably not... I did not enter this past year's even though he would net P&Y... Maybe if I kill a net 140+, but not a 125 ish deer....

No reason not too, just didn't think it that important.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

PY, he'd have to be the State record... I'd still get him officially scored though.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I absolutley would. Why not add the animal, add the statistic and show the true make up of our whitetail makeup across the boards.

Like buckeye mentiond, I see many people of these same people who said no, quoting the "Book" to show where the big ones are taken....
Old 08-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got a antelope in the books and hope to add a whitetail this year...
Old 08-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't vote in the poll for this reason: it would have to score at least 150 or bigger for me to enter him. Just me. I have two on the wall that would qualify, but never did enter them.

Not sure if the rules have changed but anyone who wishes to enter a buck in the record book better make sure they take the appropriate pictures. I believe it to be at least 3 pictures, with one pic taken from the front and one from each side.........but don't hold me to that. Also make sure you have a witness(s) willing to sign a paper saying you took it by fair chase hunting.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

The title say's it all....... If you were to shoot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter the animal into the records program?

Why or why not?

One thing that slightly annoys me is when I see people pouring over P&Y records, numbers and statistics but will not add to the data pool themselves.

I feel if you use their records program resources you should contribute to their records program as well.

BTW before anyone asks.... Having your animal scored by P&Y is FREE, however there is a $25 charge to enter it into the records program if it qualifies and you choose to enter it.

I have three that qualify and maybe a fourth but have not entered any of them. One of them has been scored by several individuals and is in the Buckmaster's records of shame and has been measured by2 PY officials andgrosses over 200 and nets 190 and some change but still have not entered it...why...hmmmm....I guess it's kinda like the chick you worked so hard to get a number from and when you finally get it you really don't feel like telling all of your buddies what it is? Now if you were an ugly fella and that hot chick was aone hit wonder for you on a drunk nightwhen you were out of town "on business" or "with friends" (outfitters) and when the planets wereall in line then enter awayfor your ego's sake...but you do nothing for the herd in which you hunt and the hunters in which hunt it.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Site Buck Guru

Yes I would. Because I always do. I figure the animal deserves it.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Bartender

Same here, I entered one last year and would again. The whole process from kill to entry is kind of cool.
ORIGINAL: GregH

Yes I would. Because I always do. I figure the animal deserves it.

Quick Reply: If you shot a P&Y qualifier this fall would you enter it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.