Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tribute vs. Drenaline

Old 08-28-2007, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tribute vs. Drenaline

The Drenalin is the quietest bow I've ever owned. I have a CSS on it and no string silencers and no Limb Savers, Limb Jax, etc. I was shooting with a buddy who has a Commander, and he commented on how quiet my bow was. Don't get me wrong, the Commander and the Tribute are both very quiet bows and certainly quiet enough for deer, but I'm very impressed with the Drenalin.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

I think your are fine. The arrow hitting the target is the loudest thing you hear. You could put a STS or a Meanv on it. Also, you could put a Vaportrail Limbdriver rest on it to replace the Whisker.

But, You are fine for the season. Don't worry about it. Sometimes we have second thoughts and doubt our decisions, but Bowtech makes on hell of a bow. Enjoy it, and good luck this season.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 AM

I myself have been a PSE man until recently. A few friends of mine have been shooting/hunting with Mathews for some time now and love them. After purchasing a "new" PSE Firestorm Lite bow 2 years ago, I too had to change and go to a Mathews.
The bow I got was the Mathews SwitchbackXT, and I now wonder why it took so long to get one. It is by far the quietest bow I have ever shot, it's very forgiving and extremely accurate as well as fast.
Have heard good things about Hoyt's, Bowtech and others but the last couple of years alot of people are swithching over to Mathews bows.
If you are like me and watch numerous hunting videos prior to hunting season, you will see that most professional hunters are using a Mathews.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:49 AM

MATHEWS Switcback XT
Whisker Biscuit
Muzzy 100 grain (3 blade)

Can't go wrong!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:52 AM

As they say on the new Mathews commercials....Best tip of all: Shoot a Mathews! I used to be a Hoyt guy, but after shooting the Drenalin....I put my Hoyt down.

However, my younger brother shoots a Black ICE and I must say...great bow....all about personal pref.I guess...

Best of luck...
Old 08-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TriStateHunter

MATHEWS Switcback XT
Whisker Biscuit

Can't go wrong!
Why is it, that if you are from WV you almost automatically shoot a Mathews.I grew up in WV and lived there my whole life up until I moved to IL 4 years ago. Just for the record, I have never owned a mathews. I was so sick and tired of everyoneI newor ranintoshooting mathews that I just wanted something different and never jumped on the bandwagon. I'm not hatin', I'm just wondering why there seem to be "NO" other bow in that entire state. Maybe, this has changed over the last four years since I moved away, but I doubt it. Sorry just had to rant for a minute. To this day, all but very few of my aquaintences in WV still shoot mathews and they are all huge fanboys and they honestly drove me away from the company.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

ORIGINAL: TriStateHunter

MATHEWS Switcback XT
Whisker Biscuit

Can't go wrong!
Why is it, that if you are from WV you almost automatically shoot a Mathews.I grew up in WV and lived there my whole life up until I moved to IL 4 years ago. Just for the record, I have never owned a mathews. I was so sick and tired of everyoneI newor ranintoshooting mathews that I just wanted something different and never jumped on the bandwagon. I'm not hatin', I'm just wondering why there seem to be "NO" other bow in that entire state. Maybe, this has changed over the last four years since I moved away, but I doubt it. Sorry just had to rant for a minute. To this day, all but very few of my aquaintences in WV still shoot mathews and they are all huge fanboys and they honestly drove me away from the company.
Have you ever shot one? I went into the shop buying my bow and just shot everything he put in my hands, never looking at names/brands/ or prices. I shot them, and handed them back....i came back to the Mathews everytime. Maybe there is a reason there are thousands of Mathews "fanboys"...they're one of the best bows on the market.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

So Herd you won't buy a Mathews because your buddies drove you away form them but you've never shot one, seems a shallow to me. But what can you expect from a Marshall "fanboy".
Old 08-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MattH
Maybe there is a reason there are thousands of Mathews "fanboys"...they're one of the best bows on the market.
If one sheep moves the others will follow.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gutshot

So Herd you won't buy a Mathews because your buddies drove you away form them but you've never shot one, seems a shallow to me. But what can you expect from a Marshall "fanboy".
I didn't say I have never shot one. I said I have never owned one. Trust me I had plenty of opportunities to shoot mathews bows because everyone I knew owned one. Including my Brother-In-Law, who's bow I shot pretty often. Don't get me wrong, Mathews makes a great bow (One of the best for sure). I just always enjoyed showing up with something different everytime we met for a shoot. I def. didn't mean to cross anyone the wrong way here. I was just simply stating that it seems like everyone In WV shoots a mathews. Unlike, other places such as IL where I live now, there seems to be a more diversified market everywhere else. However, I wouldn't expect anything less from my Brother-in-law he is a Mountaineer fan!!![:'(] Again, No hard feelings guys. I was Just commenting on something I have always wondered about.

Quick Reply: Tribute vs. Drenaline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.