Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tribute vs. Drenaline

Old 08-27-2007, 03:50 PM

Default RE: Tribute vs. Drenaline

Well, all I can tell you is from my experience of comparing when I bought my Tributeby shooting them both, and with the guy I shoot with weekly having a Matthews, and his constantly remarking how much faster and quieter mine is than his--that I would have to say that we are on opposite spectrums as far as experience goes. My Tribute is set at 74 lbs, and his Matthews at 55, and yet mine is quieter, and the difference would partially account for the speed difference. A few ounces means absolutely nothing to me. I prefer some weight for aiming stability. So my advice---buy a Chevy!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 04:29 PM

Anyone with any comments on the sound of the bow?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:45 PM

Got another video...this time the wife helped. Its at 25 yds...please let me know what you all think of the sound of the bow.

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=100_0510.flv
Old 08-27-2007, 05:01 PM

sounds like you both buy quality equipment, be happy they will both get the job done!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetailhunter01

Got another video...this time the wife helped. Its at 25 yds...please let me know what you all think of the sound of the bow.

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/whitetailhunter01/?action=view&current=100_0510.flv
I think it sounds fine.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:13 PM

Good. It does sound a little better since I replaced the peep-sight and the WildThing stabilizer...maybe that is all it needed.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make the whisker biscuit and itll be as quiet as you cna get it without an sts, the biscuit is the only thing making noise right now. It sounds great to me. I took my bow to mathews country with a hoyt and my ally was the quietest one there
Old 08-27-2007, 05:53 PM

I shot them both and went with the Drenalin...i liked it a lot better. It just felt so right in my hands and i couldn't be happier. I'd suggest getting one if you can and if its what you really want go for it.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

Make the whisker biscuit and itll be as quiet as you cna get it without an sts
What do you mean by "make the whisker biscuit"?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Typical Buck

I listened to both videos and honestly, I can't hear a lot of noise. To me, the arrow striking the target is no louder than the release of the arrow.I shoot a tribute set at 28.5" 70# and just the other day I had it over at a diehard matthews man's house shooting and he was impressed with how quiet and fast it was. He's not the kind of guy who will throw compliments around just to make someone feel better. He owns a switchback, and couldn't find anything bad to say about the tribute, except that I had a WB installed.I love my tributeand don't think I'll be looking to upgrade anytime soon! It is a heavier bow, but it's not like holding an 8# anchor.

GH

Quick Reply: Tribute vs. Drenaline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.