Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 Montecs... Wow.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:42 PM

Default RE: G5 Montecs... Wow.

An opinion on the subject from 38bears, who works as an EMT....

To answer the question pertaining to blade sharpness in my experience I have seen many impaled objects. the patient has a greater chance of survival the less sharp the object is. The reason being is that dull objects tend to push hard organs such as the heart, liver, spleen, and even some arteries out of the way instead of penetrating them. Also blade sharpness helps reduce inflicted pain on the animal, the more you penetrate the more it bleed the quicker you die, the less you suffer.

I'll let the argument die its death as well...some folks won't be convinced. I am willing to bet you won't find anyone in the medical profession or anyone familar with basic physiology who doesn't believe sharp blades kill more quickly and humanely. We owe it to the game animals we pursue.