Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Lok Storage

Old 08-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Lok Storage

I use the big rubber maid tub from wal mart with fresh earth scent wafers in it!!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

I use the big rubber maid tub from wal mart with fresh earth scent wafers in it!!
Don't put any scent wafers in with your scent-lok, The suit will adsorb those odors also. These items (scent-lok) need to be stored SCENT FREE!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Question:

I, too, store my scent-lok in a rubbermaid container with the wafers (just like I do ALL my hunting clothes). if you do this.....and it absorbs the scent wafer smell.....where's the rub? If you can actually regenerate the scent lok capabilities in your dryer.....what difference would it make HOW you stored it?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:43 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Question:

I, too, store my scent-lok in a rubbermaid container with the wafers (just like I do ALL my hunting clothes). if you do this.....and it absorbs the scent wafer smell.....where's the rub? If you can actually regenerate the scent lok capabilities in your dryer.....what difference would it make HOW you stored it?

I would guess the reason is b/c it would be come saturated quicker, therefore, not working as well as advertised.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Dominant Buck

I would guess the reason is b/c it would be come saturated quicker, therefore, not working as well as advertised.
If you buy into this assumption....then you must also buy into the assumption that at some point...the garment can not be regenerated (i.e. it's absorbed all it's going to....and connot be regenerated).

Correct?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:48 AM

Question:

The suit will adsorb the wafer scent. This will fill up the carbon pours and won't adsorb your odor if the pours become full. At that point the suit becomes ineffective for it's intended use. That being adsorbing our odor.

Scent-Lok is intended to be stored scent free while not in use. They warn not to store the suit w/ any cover scents.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:49 AM
Dominant Buck

OK, archer.....so you just regenerate it in the dryer before use, right?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you buy into this assumption....then you must also buy into the assumption that at some point...the garment can not be regenerated (i.e. it's absorbed all it's going to....and connot be regenerated).

Correct?
Correct, and nobody has ever denied this. Scent-Lok/ScentBlocker suits using activated carbon have a lifespan of a few (3-4) seasons when used properly. Every time you regenerate the garment it loses a little bit of it's effetiveness. Look at the charts they've published on this, it's not like they're hiding anything.

However, please keep in mind the amount of scent molecules that are being given off by a single scent wafer versus those being given off by a hunter who is using scent-free soaps and only using the garment for a few hours at a time. I have some scent wafers in my bow case from more than 2 years ago and every time I open it up it's like a punch in the face of HS Fresh Earth scent. Those things are pretty potent, and they're going to fill your suit up quick. Not to mention if you store in the container and fill up the suit you need to regenerate it before using it and you're not going to be doing that in the field or on the side of the road at 4 am.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Dominant Buck

So if a hunter WANTED his scent lok suit to smell like scent wafers......once the suit was "full".....regeneration attempts would be futile. The "up" side to this (using the logic presented) would be a suit that contained scent wafer scents and couldn't absorb anything else (at least not the carbon).

Is this correct logic?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:04 AM

Correct?

Not really....You don't want to have to dry the thing every time you get ready to hunt? Less drying equals longer life

Quick Reply: Scent Lok Storage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.