Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

finger shooters, help me out!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: finger shooters, help me out!!!

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Hoyt's off my list because I hate the Tec riser. So, if I were looking to get a current factory production, dedicated fingers shootin' bow today, I'd go with the Martin Scepter.

If I had a stuffed wallet, I'd go custom and get a Barnsdale. Sweet stuff!
http://www.barnsdalearchery.com/

Otherwise, I'd be snooping the classifieds looking for an older Scepter or Martin Cougar Elite, or a Hoyt Oasis.
I have a custom Barnsdale, awesome rig. Birdseye maple limbs, looks great. I don't use it much for fear of beating it up, but it is a sweet shooter. He taught me how to shoot fingers when I was 10 years old.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: finger shooters, help me out!!!

I'm adie hardfingers shooter. Selecting the right axle to axle bow is one of the most important decisions you have in finding a bow that will not pinch at the apex of the string at full draw. Too short and you will have to shoot three fingers under or live with the discomfort.A very experienced shooter once told me to add 12" to your draw length to establish a comfortable axle to axle length. I have an extremely long draw length of 33"and my choice is the Hoyt Protec for my hunting and target rig and an Ultratec for 3-D. The Protechas a 47 7/8axle to axlewith the Untratec at 42 1/2" for a little more speed.Any quality bow will do the trick for fingers, just make sure you have a bow that feelsgood and fits properly to get the most out ofyour investment.
Good Hunting...