Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You might be a deer hunter if...

Old 08-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default You might be a deer hunter if...

Jeff Foxworthy:

So, trust me, I am a redneck. I’ve always felt like you can talk about yourself and your family. But I’m not only a redneck, I’m a quality deer manager, so I’ve tried to come up with a few ways to tell how you might be a quality deer manager:

If you have the farm supply store on speed dial... you might be a quality deer manager.

If you pay someone to cut your grass at home but spend countless hours on a tractor mowing clover... you might be a quality deer manager. My wife’s like, “I don’t understand this, there’s just a little bit of grass and you will pay somebody to cut it, and yet you will drive an hour and a half and get on a tractor all day long.” And I try to explain to her that it’s not the same thing. You can’t hear the phone ring when you’re on the tractor.

If you have more pictures of deer than you do of your children... you might be a quality deer manager.

If your deer eat better than your family does... you might be a quality deer manager.

If your heart rate increases when you see the new issue of Quality Whitetails in the stack of mail... you might be a quality deer manager.

If your deer have new bedding cover but your wife doesn’t... you might be a quality deer manager.

If your I.Q. is 19-19-19... you might be a quality deer manager.

If you’ve repeatedly had someone ask you, “You name your deer?”... you might be a quality deer manager. I’ve heard that one quite a lot.

If the word coyote makes you say something that you wouldn’t repeat in front of the preacher... you might be a quality deer manager.

http://www.qdma.com/articles/details.asp?id=109
Old 08-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: You might be a deer hunter if...

I like this other part of the article:

But I’m here today because I love deer. I love the sport, and in the last four or five years I have become totally addicted to QDM. Glenn Garner is my full-time property manager down in Georgia, and he said people always ask him what Jeff is really like. His answer is, “He had dinner with the President at the White House not too long ago, and he came out of the White House and got in the car, and before he was out of the driveway called me and said ‘Did you get those 10 acres of corn in the ground before it rained?’” (That is definitely something I would say)

That’s the passion of my life.

Another part:

That’s the story of Zeus. And to me, I think part of my attraction to QDM is I think it really is the future of deer hunting. The days of walking up and knocking on somebody’s door and asking for permission to hunt are gone, and part of that is sad, and part of it is just reality. But I have found personally through QDM that I love it more. It means so much more than just by luck walking out there and seeing a deer and shooting it. To see a deer as a 2-year-old and saying, “Man, that’s going to be a good buck,” and see him again as a 3-year-old, and you start trying to figure out where he lives. And to see his body grow, and see him go from somebody who gets his tail whipped all the time to being the guy that when he steps out, everybody else kind of turns and walks the other way. That’s the joy of it.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:30 PM

lol made me laugh for a bit.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol funny stuff

[/align]
Old 08-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

always liked him
Old 08-26-2007, 01:46 PM

what about:

you might be deer hunter if u have your cell phone on silent and your waiting to know when your first child is born.