Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Changing Things Up

Old 08-26-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Changing Things Up

Per the "Has everyone shot their broadheads yet?" post, how many people change the way they practice as season nears?

I do. Most of the year, when using fieldpoints, I will shoot a dozen to two dozen arrows each session at varying distances. I do this 4-5 times per week. But since our season is a little under 3 weeks out and because I'll only practice with broadheads now until the end of season, I switch tactics. I try to shoot every night in the back yard if I can but I only take 3-6 shots per night. One night at 20 yards, the next night at 30 yards, the next at 20 yards and so on. I take my time and hold on draw for awhile and pretend each shot is going to be the one that brings down the thirty point buck. This way, I find I concentrate more on making that one shot count and never burn out from practicing every night of the week if I can.

I'm interested to find out if and how people change their practice sessions up as season draws near. Good luck everyone!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:33 PM

Default RE: Changing Things Up

one shot one kill.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like a good way to practice

[/align]
Old 08-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just shoot one arrow per day now for the most part. "one shot one kill"