Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

put 3 diff b-heads in same bullseye

Old 08-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default put 3 diff b-heads in same bullseye

after i backed my trykon down from 70lbs to 65lbs i really shrunk my groups.
i shot the slick trick 85gr, g-5 montec 85gr, and 100gr rage.
i shot a field point into my target then the three broadheads. well they all grouped right next to each other at 40yds. i was suprised that the rage was in the same spot as the rest since it's heavier.

my only complant is with the montec's, they whislted in flight (the practice head, i didn't shoot the real head).

now i'm confused as to which to use...choices
Old 08-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: put 3 diff b-heads in same bullseye

slick trick!!!!!

rages and montecs are AWESOME heads too though................................
Old 08-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like your bow is well tuned . all those are good heads. I personally would go with the slick trick

[/align]
Old 08-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's only 15 grains, you can't shoot the difference...

Congrats, sounds like the bow/arrow combo is ready to go. I've grouped 3 as well...Snypers, Muzzy and Sonics...test that free sonic..lol I carry both Muzzy and Snypers in the quiver.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like you got it dialed in--all you need now is for a deer to enter stage right!!!I am scared to shoot fieldtip first then broadhead chance of messing up arrow----

ROB--Just curious why different broadheads in quiver--Am I missing something!!!??
Old 08-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

once your bow is well tuned, thats the way things usually work out. good job. the choice is now yours as to what to carry...all are good heads...im like Rob, i usually carry 2 fixed blade heads and 1 mechanical once fall turkey starts. i like the bigger cut the mechanicals offer just incase thanksgiving dinner walks on by. both would still be usuable on either or so it doesnt really matter...just my preferance.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's good that your bow is tuned that well. Usually guys will choose a broadhead by what flies best out of their bow. You can choose the one that has all the features you want and know with confidence that it will fly well.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BowKnutt

ROB--Just curious why different broadheads in quiver--Am I missing something!!!??
I've used Muzzy's 100 grain 3 blade broadheads for more years than I can remember, going on 17 years I'd assume after trying several other heads for the previous 8 years. They've never failed me and I'll prolly always have one or two in my quiver.

On 5shots recommendation back in 2001 I tried Rocky Mountain Snypers for the first time and I was thoroughly impressed, thoroughly. In the last 6 years, I took 5 bucks with them...testing them with excellent results.

I have both Muzzy's and Snypers grouping together, have for years so I have both in my quiver....I usually have the Muzzy for a quick second shot or a finishing shot if I get the opportunity, Snypers are more expensive as well and if I get a shot on a non whitetail inseason game animal like a coyote, fox or pheasant....I'll grab the Muzzy and not destroy the Snypers.

Just a little something I do. No other particular reason.....they just both work.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Decided to shoot BH's this evening.......and had 1 arrow going nuts. I cahnged the head. Still nuts. Changed the arrow. Fine.

Didn't expect to get a bad a/c/c.....but I guess anything's possible.

Shot my last group from 40 yds.....and thought "what the heck".....I'll see what kind of 4 arrow group I can shoot. What a dumbass.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

slick trick!!!!!

rages and montecs are AWESOME heads too though................................
Curious, what kind of broadhead do you shoot?

Quick Reply: put 3 diff b-heads in same bullseye

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.