Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

We are so unlucky .. (photo's)

Old 08-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: We are so unlucky .. (photo's)

hey you guys, you think the UK is the only place where bowhunting's prohibited ??? I'm living in belgium and believe me, this country's just too small to let me hunt with a bow...
if half of the hunters were decent folks and not some snob towing a handmade overpriced canon, the people with ecological issues wouldn't have sleepless nights and be bothering politicians about animal rights....
Don't get me wrong, I am a strong believer in animal rights, I want those creatures to have a headstart and a fair chance when I'm hunting them....

France is our neighbouring country and trust me, there's nothing more chauvinist than a frenchman, so you don't try bowhunting over there....
I sent numerous emails to french websites who sell bowhunting equipment and so on. The bottumline is simple, if you're french, you can go get a licence, if ,not tempis.....

So, me and Bails, we'll let you guys know when we found a decent country with lots of bowhunting enthousiasts wo'll let us come and stalk their land and hunt their deer......

F.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:40 PM

Wow that is weird. I would always figure that guns would be outlawed before bows for the simple fact that bullets go further, faster and cause more damage, to make bow hunting illegal is just well stupid i think. For instance here in Alberta around our main citys there are areas what we call bow zones. You can only use bows or shotguns due to the lack of distance that the projectile that your shooting can go so therefore alot less chance of causing damage. Now to only have guns allowed seems foolish and seems that there would be a higher chance of hunting accidents happening. I honestly cant think of a reason as to why they would be outlawed. Would you and m9a9q9i9c be able to tell us why they are outlawed? Cause im really confused about this[&:]

But either way i think you guys could use a trip to the States or Canada and set out on some wicked bow hunting opportunities, and like some others have said, im sure there are poeple on this board more then willing to take you out and put you on some game with the bow. But good luck with the battle.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah that is weird. I wonder if they think killing an animal with a bow is "inhumane."
Old 08-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me and Frank should join forces and recruit as many archers to try and get a European bill on Bowhunting started .

But on the serious side , the Parliament in UK classes the use of a bow to kill prey as POACHING . However i am not gonna leave it alone , I am going to enquire wherever possible , forums and such to see what archers in UK as a whole feel about hunting with bows .
Like most have pointed too , a gun is more dangerous than a bow . The killing range of a rifle far exceeds a bows range .
I am going to Scotland , Glen Coe in september . I know a gamekeeper their , so i will approach him about it . Scotland now has its own parliament , so its worth a try . I would love to see the day when i can go tomy uncles farm ( where he has red deer on his land regularly ) ,Forests , woodland , farmland and Scottish highlands , bow in hand , cammed up and ready for the kill .

I got the kids a fibreglass bow before i bought myself a bow , told them they can have compound bow if they are enthusiastic enough . Its safe to say , they will be getting a new bow off santa this year . Thomas ( little fella ) thinks he is Robin Hood .

Dave

Old 08-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

Come on.....a one, a two and a three.....I'm proud to be an American............