Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Washing Hunting clothes

Old 08-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Washing Hunting clothes

I am going to try the Dead Down Wind stuff this year, and I plan on using the dryer sheets. I have never dried my hunting stuff before, I have just hung them out to dry. What do you all do before you wash and dry your stuff as far as the washer and dryer go. Do you run the washer and dryer first with something in them? Thanks for any help.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Washing Hunting clothes

I run an empty cycle in the washer, maybe add a little baking soda. THe dryer I don't really do anything special.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:38 PM

I was a load of towels w/out soap, just baking soda. Wash and dry. Then I use my Dead Down Wind detergent to wash my hunting clothes (don't forget socks, underwear, and the towels you will use to dry off with). Then I put on rubber gloves to transfer them from the washer to the dryer, and dryer to my airtight bag.

You'll really like the DDW products. I was absolutely amazed at how well it works.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I run an empty cycle in the washer, maybe add a little baking soda. THe dryer I don't really do anything special.
I do the exact same thing with the washer. Only thing I do with the dryer is to clean the lint trap out especially well and toss in the clothes with the scent-free dryer sheet.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:22 AM
Bartender

Nothing
Old 08-26-2007, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

I was told by one of our vendors to try Tide Free. I tried it last year, and it worked great! I will be using it again this year. I also wash my clothes after every trip to the field, just ensures no lingering odor.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wash mine but i never put them in the dryer , i just air dry

[/align]
Old 08-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Woodline Bucks

I was told by one of our vendors to try Tide Free. I tried it last year, and it worked great! I will be using it again this year. I also wash my clothes after every trip to the field, just ensures no lingering odor.
I think Tide Free still has UV brighteners in it! That'll make you glow in low light levels.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wash mine with baking soda, hang them outside to air dry, and store them in giant ziploc bags until it's time to hunt.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wash all my towels first in baking soda and dryer. Thenthe other layers from skin out. I'd hang them outside but it would be too close to my grill,and the subdivision doesn't allow us to hang laundry.

Quick Reply: Washing Hunting clothes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.